“Perfect location/garden area to enjoy a sundowner!”
Review of The Three Cups Inn

The Three Cups Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Stockbridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 August 2014

A colleague recommended me to the Three Cups as she had stayed there on business. My partner and I went for a post-work drink in the delightful garden and have to say were were both impressed with what lay behind the front door - Very deceiving! The cosy bar leads through to a gorgeous conservatory area which in turn leads through to the prettiest garden with a stream at the side.
We have both called it a "hidden gem" of a place and will be back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah M

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stumbled on this place as the regular Hotel I usually stay at was booked up and so pleased it was otherwise wouldn't have found this lovely inn. The photo's and reviews were good and so was the price, so thought I'd give it a go, don't normally go for this kind of accommodation but this had really made me think about where I book in future. Upon arriving in Stockbridge I was overwhelmed at what a lovely place it was but when I pulled up outside The Three Cups Inn, couldn't believe what a beautiful building it was. I was shown to my room and served in the bar by a young gentleman called Harry who was very pleasant indeed. The bar and eating area were very nice indeed but the terrace and beer garden were absolutely superb and with the added bonus of a stream running down the side there couldn't have been a better place to have a cold beet whilst the sun was breaming down. The room was spotlessly clean with one of the original beams running across the middle of the room reminded you what a wonderful old building this really was but mixed with a modern clean feeling. I didn't eat in the restaurant on the evening but had breakfast the next morning which was excellent, the ceiling was extremely low due to it being a 15th century inn but really added to how wonderful this place really is, packed with bags of character. Upon departure I met Lucy who was very nice indeed and we discussed about room availability in September which I have since booked so definitely will be returning. I stay in quite a number of places around the country but this was without doubt one of the best places I had have the pleasure in staying and cannot compliment it enough, 10 out 10 in all areas and cannot wait to go back, just hope the weather is as good as it was last week so I can sample the beer garden again. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: I think that all rooms will be equally as nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Comfy, clean, convenient, ample parking, hearty food and service but should have house wine offer. Very old inn so low ceilings. Ample breakfast but could extend eating hours on weekend beyond 8-9am. The garden dining was busy on such a hot summers day!

Room Tip: Aim for the relaxing garden to have a read and sit back. Opportunity to cycle and walk around commo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We have been here before and was impressed then with food and service however I think today they must have had a problem .although a lot if serving staff our 2 sandwiches and a bowl of chips took nearly 45 minutes to appear there was only one other table in use at the time a party of 4 so no excuse for being busy ,the sandwiches came very sad salad garnish the pulled pork cool and although tasted ok not enough filling/sauce.my trout sandwich was adequate. One small apology for the length of wait.not somewhere to go if short of time

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Sarah P
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We were staying at a nearby B&B and went to the Three Cups for dinner on a Friday night. Three of us had three course meals and each and every course was excellent. Live in London and eat out a lot but can honestly say this was one of the best meals I've had for a long time. Perfect across all the different dishes we had. Service was friendly but did feel like some of the staff had not really done this sort of work before - seemed a bit confused at times! But didn't detract from the superb food.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We booked in for a couple of nights whilst fly fishing on the Test, the Greyhound across the road was full, unfortunately.

Previous reviewers have pretty much said it all, but at the risk of repeating some things, here we go.

All of the members of staff have been blessed with youthful looks and may well only be just old enough to vote or drink in a pub. Nothing wrong with youth of course, but this manifested itself in a less than professional interaction with guests. Service is confused, ill informed or totally lacking. There is a serious requirement for an experienced and firm Manager and a whole pile of training. The greeting "you alright there mate?" on reception, doesn't really do it for me.

Restaurant and my room more appropriate for someone from Lilliput. Tourists from across the pond may well find it to be Olde Worlde charme, personally not being able to stand upright and walk I find painful. My room was cramped and the bathroom similar. Dropping the soap in the shower could well have proved awkward in more than one way! There was a dodgy looking bulb fitting in the top of the shower with the bulb missing.

Dinner order was lost, found, refused and then finally cooked. Quality ok ish. Breakfast offering 4/10, buffet.............what buffet?

Good choice of beer. Wine list..............limited.

Overall, poor vfm and if you had to chose one word to describe the whole experience it would be sloppy.

If you want better food, rooms and service, book the Greyhound, but well ahead of time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Watfordbloke7
Reviewed 22 May 2014

After a weekend stay whilst in the area on business, i had found that i had been charged twice for my stay. i understands this can happen occasionally. My work colleague then contact the the Inn to be told that they would do it right away and apologized! After a month of chasing them i still have not had my refund, the manager has just put the phone down on me as they busy with customers. This behavior is appalling as it was not my fault they charged me twice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business