“A very good value and tasty 2 course mid-week lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles

Grosvenor Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 26 Restaurants in Stockbridge
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Winchester, United Kingdom
“A very good value and tasty 2 course mid-week lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Having walked around the Stockbridge area, my husband and I decided to have a bite to eat and called in to The Grosvenor Hotel. Upon entering the hotel, we noticed a pleasant looking restaurant area, but decided to sit in the cosy and atmospheric bar area and chose a starter and main course each from the 'Special Menu'.
I started with deep fried prawns and mayonnaise, followed by smoked haddock florentine. y husband had chicken goujons with bbq sauce followed by the mini mixed grill. We each enjoyed our meals and 'Barbora' behind the bar was friendly and helpful.
A two course meal from the special menu was £7-95.
Would recommend for a cheap mid-week treat and will return when in the area.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Pepster56

Poole, United Kingdom
“Rude barmaid horrible food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Had visited Stockbrige many years ago and decided to make a return visit as it was so nice.
After wandering around the town for a while decided to have a spot of lunch thinking that you can't go wrong with hotel food. We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who gave us all the information were we could eat, and proceeded to eat in the bar.
We went to the bar to place our order, but the bar man seem to not understand what I was saying there, there was a woman sat at the end of the bar who I presumed was a the bar maid having her break, she was informing people that she was the longest standing employee of 4 years. The bar man wondered off not telling us what he was doing, not sure if he had put our food order through or not. Another lady then appeared and seemed to take over making my coffee which was brought to our table and then had to go back to bring my husbands hot chocolate.The food then arrived my husbands was OK bangers and mash. Mine was uneateable the whole meal looked like it had been sitting around for a long time, chips where cold, eggs under cooked and ham was slimmy and sweaty. No one came near us to ask if we had enjoyed our meal. And decided to leave as quickly as possible easier said than done. Went to the bar to pay but there was another customer now getting frustrated with the same bar man as she had asked you some extra milk, which seemed to be proving a problem, the bar maid still did not seem to want to get involved and I asked her if there was somewhere else that we could pay. I went out to the reception and informed the receptionist that the meal was awful, another lady was called over and she said she would have a word with the chef. We were taken back to the bar to pay, at the this point miserable bar maid took over making out my bill which I said I was not happy about paying for mine, she then gave me another bill discounting my meal. which she almost threw at me, there was no apology and went away feeling it was our fault that the staff and food were below standard. thank you for nice receptionist though, but will never set foot in the hotel again and hope that the staff smarten up there appearance. Good luck to the reviewer who is having there wedding reception there!!!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mary M
Salisbury
“A haven amongst the floods”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

A friendly, cosy atmosphere, good service and sensibly priced bar food made this a very pleasant refuge from the filthy weather!

• Visited February 2014
Andover, United Kingdom
“Dull, bland and unexciting mush”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

The food was of a very poor quality. The start (fig salad) consisted of 1 fig chopped up, some lumps of cheese, enormous quantities of balsamic glaze and some stale, stodgy and brown lettuce. My main was supposed to be a vegetarian crumble. If I had not read the menu I would not have been able to tell you what it was. It tasted of cardboard dust.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 201212201212
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Good food, good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

My fiancé and I have been to the Grosvenor several times over the past few years, we love the place, it has character and charm.
I like the fact that it still looks old school, it's a beautiful building in the heart of a beautiful town.
The interior reflects the outside, quirky old charm with a warm welcome.
I guess reading other comments in trip advisor that certain people have bad days and happen upon this lovely old building and this is reflected in the way they deal with their experience of the hotel and the staff.
We have never had any problems with any of our visits to the Grosvenor, from the waiting staff to the management, everyone is always welcoming and friendly towards us.
We have now decided upon our experience of this lovely traditional hotel and it's staff, that we are going to hold our wedding ceremony and reception there and indeed have already placed our booking, inviting all our friends and family from across the country to come and stay and celebrate our day with us.
The wedding coordinator and management have gone out of their way to ensure my fiancé gets the day that she desires, going beyond our expectations of what we had in mind and even going so far as to make some suggestions to help our day go without a hitch.
No pun intended!!