“Saturday afternoon delight”

Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Saturday afternoon delight”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I brought my mother here as part of drive out and stopped for refreshment.

We were both squeezed into a corner table promptly and served quickly. We both ordered cream tea's which was delivered to our table within a reasonable time. The cream tea consisted with two warm scones and two small pots each comprising of jam and clotted cream. I could understand the reasoning behind it - to reduce waste and the strict portion control, but felt myself that I had to be careful as otherwise I wouldn't have sufficient cream to cover both scones.

The pot of tea was piping hot with sufficient water to top up.

Where we sat was adequate but felt that the seating capacity was too tight. Another customers had to sit at the table adjacent to us and we had to slide our table over to allow them access though a nine inch gap. My thoughts would consider it better to lose one small table (two people) to permit better access and reduce the being crammed in.

On the whole, the experience was good and enjoyable. We weren't rushed and would consider coming again

Visited March 2014
Ally_Lethbridge, Manager at Lillies of Stockbridge, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience in the tearoom. We have taken your feedback onboard and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

New York City, New York
“Value for money”
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Good value for Stockbridge! The banana milk shake was lovely. However the service wasn't the best, I felt very rushed. But lovely decor!

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience in the tearoom. We have taken onboard your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Winchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, excellent service”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife have started to frequent Stockbridge on our way to our daughter's each month. We have tried a few other establishments in Stockbridge over the past 6 months but this was by far and away our most pleasent experience to date. Set by the quaint stream the bakery and tearoom looked lovely. We decided upon the afternoon tea, it came out on a delightful looking stand. There was an excellent selection of tea to choose from and the cake we had was perfect. This will now be our stop of choice for our trips down south

• Visited February 2014
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience in the tearoom and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Gluten Free Food!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Was delighted with the homemade Gluten free selection! After going to many restaurants who don't accommodate for this, I was very happy to not only have a wonderful selection of savoury and sweet options but also to find out they are made on the premises by one of their delightful staff members. The whole experience was very pleasant and I shall be recommending all my friends to go there.

• Visited January 2014

Andover, United Kingdom
“Relaxing afternoon tea in comfy, homely tearoom”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I recently visited Lillies on a very rainy Sunday afternoon with my nan, my other half and his mum. It was wonderful to be welcomed into a nice warm room by its friendly staff. The service was very efficient and nothing was too much trouble for the lovely ladies working there, considering there were quite a few customers. The coffee was freshly made and the cakes (homemade I might add!) were to die for, definitely recommend the chocolate and orange fudge cake- amazing! Highly recommend this lovely little tea room for anyone who wants a relaxing afternoon brew!

• Visited December 2013