Fish Wives for ladies who do and those who would like to ... go fly fishing held their pre season dinner on Monday 24th March 2014 at the Peat Spade Inn at Longstock nr Stockbridge Hampshire
The Peat Spade is full of sporting photographs of the rich and famous shooting and fishing. The bar is candle lit in the evenings which creates a nice atmosphere. The staff are very welcoming so it is a good place to get together with friends.
After a drink at the bar we moved up to the dining room which is well furnished and decorated. With specimen salmon looking down from their glass cases on the walls we settled into our seats for an evening of good food and good conversation, liberally embellished with fishing stories. The service was relaxed and the attention to detail was good. We were well looked after throughout the evening.
Food was well cooked and well presented. My steak was cooked to perfection. The salted caramel ice cream with honeycomb was really good. Altogether a great evening. Lunch is great too and you get to enjoy the scenery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Peat Spade Inn sits in a picture postcard setting in the beautiful village of Longstock in the heart of Hampshire. Located in the Test Valley, less than a mile from Stockbridge - the fly fishing capital of the world - the rivers and downs surrounding the inn are home to some of the best fishing and shooting opportunities in the world making The Peat Spade Inn an inviting refuge for country sport enthusiasts. After a long day enjoying the outdoors, head back to the inn to rest your feet, sit back and relax with a freshly poured pint of Upham real ale. With the Test Way passing close by, The Peat Spade is a popular retreat for walkers to stop by en route to refuel with some fabulous pub food. It's a great stopover too for those visiting the nearby historic cities of Winchester and Salisbury. This charming country pub is just an hour's drive away from London and the New Forest and provides the perfect place for a spot of lunch, a delicious dinner,a drink or two in the idyllic Hampshire countryside or somewhere to stay the night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Peat Spade Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peat Spade Hotel Stockbridge
- Peat Spade Inn Stockbridge, Hampshire