“Conference”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whiteley
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Conference”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I attended a conference here, and it was very comfortable. The food was good, although it looked a bit more tasty than it was, but there was plenty of choice, and the staff were helpful and friendly.

It was easy to find, and had plenty of parking.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
ShireHotels, Stephen Woodrow - General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased you found our food enjoyable and the service we provided was warm and hospitable.

I look forward to seeing you back in the Hotel in the near future.

Stephen Woodrow - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Just off the M27 a gem of a hotel that attracts both business and leisure traveller and also acts as a great meeting venue. The facilities are top notch and staff attentive especially in the bar where so much time was spent. With free WiFi I could undertake working in lovely surroundings.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments regarding the service you experienced in our bar. I have passed on your feedback onto the team here at the Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future, when I hope you can enjoy a relaxing business lunch in our restaurant and bar.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

We booked this as part of the Peppa Pig package. I wasn't expecting it to be so lovely. Staff were great, lovely touches in the room for the kids - cookies, choc and milk. Fab to be able to use the spa and pool too. Very good breakfast, and having the pub (The Parson's Nose) on site was terrific as we could take the family there for dinner. Each room had bathrobes (although they ran out of the kids' ones and my friends didn't have any - but that's a very minor thing), and the quality of the rooms was very high. Can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review following your stay with us whilst visiting Peppa Pig World. Here at Shire Hotels we strive ourselves on delivering those ‘small details’ for our guests during their stay, and fresh milk and cookies I am pleased you appreciated this.

I have passed on your kind comments to the team here at the Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Needed to attend to a number of business matters in Fareham and stayed here now three times. This trip I had a bit more time and glad I did. The food was superb, the service was great and the accommodations were terrific. Each and every staff member I met was on the spot, always with a smile and glad to help how every they could.

If you are in the area. Stay here. I know I will.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your recent review. I am delighted to read your kind and praising comments and I will make that all staff are aware.
I do hope when you return again, you will have the opportunity to sample the fantastic ESPA treatment range we offer within our Spa.

Kind Regards,
Goudhurst, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed on a package with entry to Poultons Park & Peppa Pig World. I requested a room move after finding a huge urine stain on the mattress, no quibbles came and helped me move rooms as husband had popped out to find a bottle of wine.
We had a family room and the bunk beds were extremely squeaky. So much so that we were kept awake all night. The milk and cookies for the children was a nice touch, but the broken fridge door wasnt. Plenty of tea & coffee & biscuits.
Resturant is expensive and portions are small but food is nice.
Pool is nice size and added bonus of steam jacuzzi and sauna.

Room Tip: check the bunks for excessive squeakyness before accepting your room
1 Thank fiona d
Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Very good customer service. Helpful.
We stayed ( with our 2 children aged 10,8 ) for long weekend. We booked the family room with bunk beds. This is/are clearly double rooms with the bunk beds added on as an after thought. So the room is tight/small - just enough to swing a cat. So you would not want to do anything more than to sleep/bath int there.
The restaurant and Spa are very good. The pool especially as the kids are allowed all day ( apart form 1hr each side of the opening/closing ).
Breakfast can take long and is some what limited. So if your not into English Breakfast there is limited choice. We only had it once. Try Halladay's Tea Room - excellent.
Its quite a drive into Southampton, so if you prefer not to drive for around 20mins each way look fro something closer.
Overall, I would say a short stay here would be acceptable.
Would I stay here again - probably not. So many other options and does not score high enough to recommend a return stay.

Room Tip: Room 307 over looks roof - avoid it is possible
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent review, and I am pleased to learn you found our guest care very good and enjoyed our Spa facilities and restaurant experience also.

I am disappointed you sign off by saying you would not return, despite a positive review. I do hope you will reconsider this and we can welcome you and your family back again to the Hotel in the near future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We recently attended a family wedding here and although we did not stay at this hotel we were very impressed with the décor of the whole hotel. The wedding was held in the Osborne Suite and was really lovely. The entrance hall and stairs up to the beautiful glass-walled balcony are very welcoming and the beautiful, huge chandelier is extremely impressive. The food at the wedding breakfast too was very good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent comments after you attended a wedding at the Hotel recently. I am pleased you had an enjoyable day and the Hotel surpassed your expectations. I shall ensure your kind feedback is passed onto all staff for their information.

Stephen Woodrow - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whiteley
Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton
Grand Harbour Hotel
Grand Harbour Hotel
#19 of 24 in Southampton
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,653 reviews

Been to Solent Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!