“Lovely hotel and spa”

Solent Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whiteley
“Lovely hotel and spa”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Visited this hotel for a family members wedding. Our room was lovely, lots of room, clean and quiet. The spa is very nice even though it small. Dressing gowns and towels are all provided which is great. There is also a nice gym if you feel the need! We had some lunch in bar when we arrived which was average and quite expensive but you expect that in a hotel I guess. The staff were helpful and polite throughout our stay. The restaurant is lovely we had breakfast and Sunday lunch here and it was the best we have had from a hotel in a long time. Would definitely recommend this place and stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
ShireHotels, Stephen Woodrow - General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I hope the family wedding was a success and I am delighted to read you had a very enjoyable Sunday Lunch. I am also pleased that you were able to enjoy our facilities, and on your next visit back to the Hotel I highly recommend that you make the most of our fantastic ESPA treatments also.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Solent Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Stephen Woodrow - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My stay at the solent hotel was a wonderful and comfortable experience. All staff were friendly and polite although appeared a little rushed at times. A lady named claire in the restaurant (possibly the manager?) was very accomodating and made time to conversate with me. Although I did not make use of the spa, it certainly looked wonderful!. I did use room service on one occasion and was impressed with that aswell. Thank you for a lovely stay. I will absolutely come back next year!

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback following your recent stay at the Hotel. I have passed on your kind comments to the restaurant team, and Clare who has only recently joined us, is delighted with your feedback. I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable room service meal also.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Solent Hotel and Spa in the near future.

Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We wanted to take our friends away for a weekend and chose the Solent because it looked good, wasn't too far to travel and had a spa. They also had a special Autumn rate. We were not disappointed. Apart from a few little niggles a good time was had by all.

The entrance is impressive. Rooms were spacious and comfortable, the restaurant and food were good, spa area lovely and staff friendly. In particular the bar staff were accommodating in making a cocktail not on the menu, and are now proficient in Tequila Sunrise's! The chef also cooked a veggie meal not on the menu (not many veggie choices was one of the niggles). I found one of the reviewers comments about breakfast choices being limited strange as there was a huge choice. There was enough cooked items to suit meat eaters and vegetarians, plus several choices of cereal, fruit, yoghurt and pastries, plus other items could be cooked to order. It's hard to see how they could have provided more.

Our final bills got into a bit of a muddle and the receptionist was very helpful sorting these out for us.

Our friends enjoyed it very much too and we shall all be back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
ShireHotels, Stephen Woodrow - General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for your recent review, and I am pleased to read you and your friends had an enjoyable stay and enjoyed our Spa facilities. I am also delighted to read you enjoyed the food offerings within the Hotel also.

I am sorry there was confusion regarding the bills on departure, and pleased our Receptionist managed to resolve this quickly for you.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I attended a conference here, and it was very comfortable. The food was good, although it looked a bit more tasty than it was, but there was plenty of choice, and the staff were helpful and friendly.

It was easy to find, and had plenty of parking.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased you found our food enjoyable and the service we provided was warm and hospitable.

I look forward to seeing you back in the Hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Just off the M27 a gem of a hotel that attracts both business and leisure traveller and also acts as a great meeting venue. The facilities are top notch and staff attentive especially in the bar where so much time was spent. With free WiFi I could undertake working in lovely surroundings.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments regarding the service you experienced in our bar. I have passed on your feedback onto the team here at the Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future, when I hope you can enjoy a relaxing business lunch in our restaurant and bar.

London
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We booked this as part of the Peppa Pig package. I wasn't expecting it to be so lovely. Staff were great, lovely touches in the room for the kids - cookies, choc and milk. Fab to be able to use the spa and pool too. Very good breakfast, and having the pub (The Parson's Nose) on site was terrific as we could take the family there for dinner. Each room had bathrobes (although they ran out of the kids' ones and my friends didn't have any - but that's a very minor thing), and the quality of the rooms was very high. Can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review following your stay with us whilst visiting Peppa Pig World. Here at Shire Hotels we strive ourselves on delivering those ‘small details’ for our guests during their stay, and fresh milk and cookies I am pleased you appreciated this.

I have passed on your kind comments to the team here at the Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Needed to attend to a number of business matters in Fareham and stayed here now three times. This trip I had a bit more time and glad I did. The food was superb, the service was great and the accommodations were terrific. Each and every staff member I met was on the spot, always with a smile and glad to help how every they could.

If you are in the area. Stay here. I know I will.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your recent review. I am delighted to read your kind and praising comments and I will make that all staff are aware.
I do hope when you return again, you will have the opportunity to sample the fantastic ESPA treatment range we offer within our Spa.

Stephen Woodrow - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whiteley
Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton
Grand Harbour Hotel
Grand Harbour Hotel
#19 of 24 in Southampton
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,685 reviews

Been to Solent Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!