“Lovely, relaxing stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whiteley
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely, relaxing stay”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Stayed at the solent hotel with a friend for the ultimate girls night in package, had an absolutely lovely time! We both had the taster facials and indian head massage treatments, the staff were friendly and we were so relaxed. Our room was great, we had ordered a box of chocs on our arrival which werent in the room - called down to reception the lady was very apologetic amd within minutes we had the chocolates delivered free of charge. would absolutely reccomend visiting the private hot tob, it was absolute bliss! After this we recieved our sharing platter of food, going on to ice cream popcorn and strawberries which was all really nice. we settled down to watch dvds provided by reception and relax. Upon leaving we had a full english breakfast and toast (again included in the package) breakfast was tasted and just right before the trip home.. This truly was well worth the money, we didnt want to leave!! I couldnt reccomend this package enough!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank EmmC88399
SolentHotel, Steve Woodrow - General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Thank you for your recent reveiw. I am delighted you had an enjoyable 'girls night in' break, and I have passed on your kind comments to the team.

Our outdoor hot tub is a fantastic facility and is proving extremely popular, so I am pleased you managed to book this and enjoyed your session.

I look forward to seeing you back at the Hotel in the near future.

Steve Woodrow - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Turkish first
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Just returned from taking my sister in law out for her birthday. Shown to a table in the bar for a drink before dinner. They weren't able to take our coats (not what you would expect from a hotel.) We ordered our drinks; the wine waiter dumped the wine and glasses on the table not asking if we would like to try the wine (again not what you would expect from this standard of hotel). The meal was extremely average, the service was below average although pleasant, but top and bottom of it all I wouldn't recommend eating here again. Shame as we're moving into the area and we were looking for somewhere special to eat on a regular basis.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
SolentHotel, Steve Woodrow - General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for your recent review.

I am sorry to learn that service within our bar and restaurant were not up to the standards you expected, and I have discussed your feedback with my team.

I do hope, and as you are local and new to the area, you will allow us a second opportunity to show you this was not a true reflection of the service and hospitaly that I know we deliver to our guests on a regular basis.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Wow - we have just got home from a lovely night stay at the Solent. We had the most wonderful wedding day just over a year a go and would highly recommend.

We arrived to be greeted by the duty manager, our room was lovely and we had a bottle of champagne in our room.

We had a wonderful spa treatment each - life saving back massage, in the double treatment room and afterwards we spent an hour in a hot tub - drinking wine. Which was just brilliant. It was freezing outside, raining but the hot tub was lovely and warm. Great experience. We were fully relaxed.

We had a 3 course meal included in our stay, everything was just perfect. The restaurant manager was welcoming, friending and gave us a complimentary drink.

Breakfast was great too.

Wish we could have stayed longer

Thank you to all. X Lauren and ross barrett

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your very kind review.

We are always pleased to welcome back our bride and grooms, and I am pleased you had relaxing and enjoyable return stay with us, enjoying our facilites - the hot tub really is great!

I will be sure to pass on your kind coments to my team.

uk
Reviewed 19 January 2014

having previously taken my daughter on the girls night packages I decided to treat myself and mum to the escape package which includes one treatment,breakfast and evening meal. absolutely fantastic food and service. pool is lush and the spa ladies are so nice. 10 out of 10! only thing that did spoil it a little was the selfish neighbours we had,7 am and banging doors,screeching and shouting,really unnecessary so cheers for that whoever you were on the 3rd floor last night,18th jan

Room Tip: check theres no large all girl/ladies groups next to your room,if there are ask to be moved
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
SolentHotel, Steve Woodrow - General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you for you recent review.

I am pleased to read you have returned to our Hotel, and enjoyed your escape package with your Mother. I will pass on your kind feedback to the team.

I am sorry to learn there were noise disturbances, and I appreciate you for bringing this to our attention.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Cirencester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Fantastic hotel, friendly staff brilliant spa treatment. Dinner was amazing. Booked the spa escape package which was fantastic value for money would definitely recommend. Will definitely be coming again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your reveiw on tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your escape package, and that you will be returning again soon.

I will pass on to all my team your very praising comments regarding food quality, service and the treatments in the spa you enjoyed.

Verwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Arrived on the Monday before Christmas, 23rd. The great British Weather was in full swing and a tree brought a power line down cutting of power to the hotel until 11:30 that night. Not their fault and they did offer a transfer to another hotel, which we declined, you don't need lights to sleep.

The whole Christmas break was good, looked after well, great breakfast ( the smoked salmon and Scrambled egg was great !). All the food served was really good and the staff were pleasant.

Rooms were good, clean and well appointed with plenty of space. Only thing to spoil an otherwise great hotel, no chain on the sink plug !

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent reveiw.

It was great to meet you over the festive period, and I am pleased you had an enjoyable and relaxing Christmas break with us.

Thank you also for your understanding with the power failure the Hotel and local area had on the night of the 23rd.

I look forward to seeing you back at the Solent again soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I attended the James Bond themed New Years Eve party with my wife and a couple of friends. We were greeted with a complementary glass of Kir Royale. We were seated at at table for 8 sharing with another two couples who were celebrating together. The whole evening was well-organised and the food was of a good quality. The staff were attentive, friendly and helpful. The entertainment consisted of a piper who piped in the haggis and then gave us the benefit of his repertoire of well-known traditional and contemporary Scottish-themed tunes. Not really my thing but enjoyed by most. This was followed by a good selection of party music played by a DJ. From what I saw my fellow party guests enjoyed the evening as much as we did. Testament to the fun was the fact that the evening seemed to pass very quickly. The only negative part of the evening was that one of our friends has specific dietary restrictions (that had been declared prior to the party to the hotel) and the staff struggled to grasp this and did try to serve her food that she couldn't eat. This happened a couple of times but was sorted by the supervisor quite quickly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
SolentHotel, Steve Woodrow - General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for your recent review.
I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable New Year at the Hotel and I will ensure your kind comments, and feedback are passed onto my team.
I do hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Steve Woodrow - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whiteley
Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton
#3 of 24 in Southampton
The Winchester Hotel & spa
The Winchester Hotel & spa
#7 of 13 in Winchester

Been to Solent Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!