“Had a lovely time, eventually” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Solent Hotel & Spa

Solent Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whiteley
Cullompton, United Kingdom
“Had a lovely time, eventually”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

We first visited solent hotel, myself, my partner and two children as part of a deal for peppa pig world. We had a lovely stay and had no complaints until on checking out, there was a mistake that had been made by reception to do with my bank card, leaving me with no money to enjoy our second day at peppa pig world and by the time we had sorted it out, we had missed most of our day at peppa pig world. HOWEVER, as we didnt have any money for lunch, the hotel sorted us out a packed lunch each and bottled water whilst we waited to sort out the problem. They also gave us one night complimentary stay for our troubles. I returned recently with my partner for our second stay and we had a lovely time. The breakfast is very impressive although it would be nicer if it was buffet style where diners could help themselves rather than the staff dishing it out. The use of robes and slippers was lovely, the swimming pool was lovely, especially of an evening where it is quieter and the lighting changes. We also hired the private hot tub which was very good, the only downside being that we booked it for one hour at 10am. We weren't let in until 10.05am and when we got out at 10.55am and asked where we get changed, we were told that we would need to hurry because a group of ladies were due in and we need to be out before they arrived. We felt rushed after a nice relaxing hour and this was it's only downfall. We will be going back again. A big thank you to Lyndsey who was very helpful in sorting out the problem we had.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SolentHotel, Steve Woodrow - General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased you had enjoyable return stay at the Hotel and thank you for your kind feedback; I have passed onto Lyndsey your appreciation also.

I am sorry to learn you had to leave the hot tub early, and I will review our booking times to ensure we are not booking sessions to close together.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards
Steve Woodrow, General Manger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel has lovely spacious rooms and we generally had a really nice stay. Breakfast was excellent.

One complaint though...please can you sort out the soundproofing or install silent closing doors as we were woken up before 7am by the family next door to our room continuously shutting doors in their room...I'm not sure if this was their main door or the wardrobe but it drove us potty. Not great when you're paying these prices for a special occasion.
Also, I feel the spa would benefit from having an adults only time as it was very noisy too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SolentHotel, Steve Woodrow - General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay at the Hotel, however sorry to learn there was noise disturbances.

Our Spa caters for our members, our hotel residents and we do operate a children's time were families can use the spa during selected hours. We will of course continue to manage this and I thank you for your views and comments.

I do hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Myself and husband got married here on 14/2/14 and I have to say excellent it was better then we both had dream of!!

The staff were great the function team were amazing and Chris who ran our wedding was a amazing.

I couldn't recommend the Solent hotel enough, The rooms are good sized bearing in mind the morning of our wedding there was myself,2 bridesmaids,2 pageboys,a flower girl, my mum, the make-up lady,hairdresser and 2 photographers and other people popping in and out we still had loads of room,the food is to die for and my guest still talked about it now!!

Myself and husband are looking forward to coming back on our anniversary.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you both for your kind review.

We were delighted to host your wedding and I am very pleased that your guests all had a wonderful day celebrating with you both.

I have passed on your words of praise to all my staff, and Chris whom you mention, is very happy to have been able to have looked after you all on this special day.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We were really happy to spend a few lazy days (Wednesday - Thursday) in hotel enjoying swims in the pool, sauna and SPA facilities and high quality procedures.
Nice rooms, good service and excellent breakfast in the mornings!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SolentHotel, Steve Woodrow - General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for your recent review.

I was delighted to read you had a relaxing few days with us and that you managed to enjoy our facilities, and service and hospitality provided. Our spa is very popular and I will pass on your kind words to spa team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Ockendon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

My family and I stayed here over the bank holiday weekend. The hotel itself is quite nice, with very spacious well equipped rooms. The bed was a little too hard for us resulting in not the best nights sleep over the weekend. The spa/swimming pool was first class and perfect for the little one. The spa treatments were also first class. However, the main problem we encountered was the restuarant. It was busy and the staff couldn't clear the tables quickly, making the restuarant look rather messy. We had to wait 20mins to get a high chair as they only had 2 available. This is a hotel that was full of families with children........... Regretfully we had the same experience again later that day so we decided to eat elsewhere for the rest of the holiday.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SolentHotel, Steve Woodrow - General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for your review after staying at the hotel over the bank holiday weekend.

I am pleased to read you enjoyed the Spa and treatments taken, and will pass on your kind words to the girls in our Spa.

I am disappointed to learn that you had to wait for service in our restaurant, and that we could not accommodate your request for a high chair. I have discussed this with my restaurant team and additional high chairs have been purchased this week.

I am sorry your hotel experience was marred due to this, and do hope you will consider a return stay with us in the near future.

Waterlooville, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

The Hotel was absolutely beautiful and the facilities amazing. However why when the word Wedding is involved do the bar prices accerlerate to stupid money. Everything else was perfect, late wedding party breakfast, attention to detail was outstanding, but the price of a bottle of wine was obscene and also a round of soft drinks. Also wedding was at 2.30 and some guests rooms were not ready. Luckily ours was but still had to travel to venue in wedding clothes just in case. Only 5 couples stayed over so sure these rooms could have been released first. One couple only had the room for less than 24 hours.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms were good.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your recent review.

I was delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay when attending a wedding at the Hotel.

I want to assure you our drinks prices within our bars are very much in line with 4* Hotels within our local area, and we do not have different prices for our wedding guests.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We are regular guest with Shire hotels and stay at Thorpe Park branch, which is excellent. The service was ok, menu was nothing great. Breakfast service was ok bit disorganized. Staff needs lot of training, no one knows whats going on. They kept saying they are busy but have seen more busy places with excellent service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for you recent review.

I am sorry to read you were disappointed with your stay at our Hotel, and also with you been a regular stayer at our sister Hotels.

I will of course review your comments with my restaurant and bar team. We have just changed our menus to our spring and summer offering which has a very grill/alfresco dining aspect to it with daily specials to compliment this menu.

I do hope and despite your mixed experience, you would consider staying with us again in the near future.

Steve Woodrow, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whiteley
Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton
Grand Harbour Hotel
Grand Harbour Hotel
#19 of 24 in Southampton
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,604 reviews

Been to Solent Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!