“Good hotel for business but expensive”
Review of Solent Hotel & Spa

Solent Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whiteley
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is the third time that i have stayed here. The rooms are clean and comfortable. It is a pleasant hotel to stay in for business. Breakfast service has room for improvement. On my last visit I never received the toast I asked for even after reminding them. the restaurant in the evening is very good

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
SolentHotel, Steve Woodrow - General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased to read you enjoy staying in our Hotel and find our facilities to your liking. I am sorry you had to ask for your toast at breakfast, however delighted to read evening meals are very well received.

We look forward to seeing you back at the Hotel in the near future.

Steve Woodrow, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,113)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We travelled from Scotland to my Aunt's 80th Birthday Lunch here last Sunday.
What a fabulous experience, the private room we had was lovely, the long table was tastefully decorated for us. On arrival we were shown to the room and offered drinks while we waited for everyone to arrive.
The food was delicious and every course presented well, hot dishes were hot when reaching us. The staff were delightful and couldn't help enough.
Thank you to everyone for making it a very special day.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
SolentHotel, Steve Woodrow - General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your very positive and praising review.

I am delighted to read and certainly after a long journey down from Scotland, that your Aunt's 80th birthday Lunch was enjoyed by all of your party.

I shall pass on your kind feedback to all my team.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have just stayed in this hotel as part of a pail tons break. We had 4 nights in a large family executive suite. A good sized room for 4. We have a 2 year old and a 4 year old and the hotel was very accommodating with them. The pool area is great for small children, but also a good pool for adults. Breakfast was good but agree with the comments that it would be easier to just have the hot food on self service, it occasionally slowed things down to a ridiculous level when there was a large queue. We also ate in the pub which is by the entrance to the car park and is great for a bit if variety.

Room Tip: If you are a family the normal family rooms have very little space left once the double beds are out...
1  Thank JLS24
SolentHotel, Steve Woodrow - General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for your recent review.

I am delighted to read you had an enjoyable break with your family and the children enjoyed Paultons Park and Peppa Pig World.

I am pleased you also found time to sample our very own pub on site, the Parsons Collar and enjoyed breakfast in the Hotel. I note your comments and small delays at breakfast when busy with guests on the Sunday morning so thank you for this feedback.

I do hope you will be visiting us again over the Summer.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Our third stay at this luxurious hotel - this time in a party of eight people. A special thank you to Ellie on reception for a welcoming and efficient check- in, Tom for taking great care of us, and Matt in the restaurant for his attentive and cheerful service (also the lovely and caring waitress on Friday night). Steve the GM has clearly made his mark and instilled a pride in service and attention to detail: everything ran ship-shape and left all of us feeling welcome, appreciated and pampered. A particularly memorable stay and experience.

Room Tip: All four rooms were equally excellent. For elderly it might be an idea to ask for a room closer to...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
SolentHotel, Steve Woodrow -General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thank you for your kind review.

I am delighted to read you had a very enjoyable return stay with us.

I shall pass on your feedback to all my team, who will be thrilled to know we looked after you well again.

We look forward to welcoming back to the Solent again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel on Saturday for a family function which was in the evening. I thought we were off to a bad start because we had arrived early, had lunch in the pub in the grounds with our friends but did not check in until 4.15 pm. All our party had checked in but our room was not ready. I felt a bit annoyed but on reflection reception could not apologise enough. When the room was ready the Manager came along with his assistant took the luggage and us to the room very apologetic. He did explain the reason but the customer service was what I appreciated so this turned this issue around for us. Things happen not intentionally but if you get good service then that is enough for me. Room was really nice. Every need was accommodated for from leaving take out cups for coffee, special dish for placing hair straightners or tongs. Lovely robes and toiletries. Bed really comfy and lovely pillows. We had an amazing evening in one of the suites as we were attending a surprise party and the hotel really embraced this. The 3 course dinner was excellent and the main course was served piping hot and plenty of it. All staff very helpful all evening. Breakfast excellent. Receptionist Emily was really helpful on check-in and check-out making sure we were happy with the service we had received. We were sorry we were staying only one night and will definitely visit again in the near future. We have yet to try the pool and spa but it looks really inviting. Very impressed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
SolentHotel, Steve Woodrow - General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank your for your kind and praising review.

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay and enjoyed our guest rooms and amenities we offer.

I understand already from my team that the family event you attended was an enjoyable evening, and I am pleased to read you found the evening and breakfast meals excellent.

I am sorry you had a delayed check in, however pleased that this was rectified and with an apology.I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all my staff and we look forward to seeing you again at the Hotel in the near future and yes, a visit to the Spa is a must!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is the third Shire Hotel that we have visited and have to say that the Solent met all the high standards we have come to expect from the Group. The accommodation/restaurant/bar/food etc. were all very good. My wife had a Spa treatment which she appreciated and the Therapist was, evidently, superb. I took advantage of their well equipped gym and also the swimming pool. We noticed that they have a wonderful al fresco dining area surrounded by lovely grounds which must be a perfect place to eat on a warm summers evening.

A most enjoyable visit which we look forward to repeating in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
SolentHotel, Steve Woodrow - General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read you had a enjoyable and relaxing visit, and were able to make use of our facilities.

Spa Treatments are extremely popular here at the Hotel and I am pleased your wife enjoyed her treatment and I will pass on your kind words to the Spa Therapists.

Our Summer grill menu is served on our alfresco terrace which overlooks a woodland area and really is a perfect treat to enjoy an evening meal - I strongly recommend you indulge next time you are staying at the Hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed here for a work trip for two nights and was very surprised with what a good hotel it was. There was a very nice atmosphere and feel to the place which is something hotels can often get wrong . My room was very comfortable and more importantly clean, having worked in housekeeping in hotels this is always an area I am very critical of. The bar and restaurant were very good to and not your 'run of the mill' corporate places with generic menus, I will definitely bear this hotel in mind for a visit with the other half! When i got home I realised that I had already stayed at another of their hotels in Leeds so all in all a good experience of the chain and would recommend for corporate sand leisure guest alike!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
SolentHotel, Steve Woodrow - General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for your recent review.

I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay at our Hotel, and enjoyed our facilities, standards and hospitality.

We have six quality four star hotels in our group, and I am delighted to learn you have stayed at our Thorpe Park Hotel in Leeds also.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Solent again soon.

Steve Woodrow, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whiteley
Holiday Inn Fareham Solent
The Winchester Hotel & spa
#7 of 13 in Winchester
3 mi away
TravelRest Solent Gateway

Been to Solent Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!