“Perfection”

Solent Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whiteley
“Perfection”
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

After having an amazing wedding reception here 2 years ago. We decided to stay here each anniversary.
We had a massage each and I still feel relaxed 2 days later. We enjoyed the gym and the pool too.

The room was clean and well equipped.
The hotel exudes class but still has a level of homeliness which is partly due to the well trained and friendly staff who can't be faulted for anything.

The breakfast was varied and very tasty.

Well be back ASAP.

Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul K
SolentHotel, Steve Woodrow at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Thank you for your very kind review.

We were delighted to welcome you back again two years after having your wedding with us, and I am pleased to read you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

I have passed on your review to all my team, who are as delighted as I am with this level of praise.

We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Steve Woodrow, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We stayed here for one night after visiting Peppa Pig world at paultons park with our 2 and 4 year old and it takes about 20 mins to drive from the park. I was a little worried about choosing a spa hotel with children but couldn't have been more wrong. Staff went out of their way to accommodate us, there were cookies, milk and snacks in the room for the children which they loved! Breakfast was wonderful great selection and all really nice. Rooms were lovely and clean with great air conditioning. We were given a ground floor family room with a double bed and sofa bed. The sofa bed wasn't that comfortable but the kids found it ok, the double bed was really comfortable. Swimming pool was really warm with a separate toddler pool. Wish we could have stayed longer, would totally recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
SolentHotel, Steve Woodrow - General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Thank you for your recent review.

I am delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay with us whilst visiting Peppa Pig World, and your little one's were pleased with the warm milk, cookies and snacks that are standard for all families when staying at Shire Hotels.

I shall pass on your positive feedback to all my team.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Lovely,clean room with very comfortable bed. The restaurant has a great menu and beautiful food with lots of gluten free choices. The staff were very pleasant and accommodating. We didn't use the spa but the facilities looked amazing. Overall a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank your for your kind review.

I am very pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us and our facilities, service provided and food enjoyed ensured you had relaxing break.

I am sorry you did not have time to use the Spa on this occasion, so I trust you will when you stay with us again!

Neath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a family wedding in a local church with the reception being held at The Solent Hotel.
We were unlucky to be allocated a fairly dark room (room 100) for our two night stay (brick wall outside partially obscured the window). I would like to point out that the room was a bit shabby and could do with a makeover.
We ate in the restaurant on the first evening and the food was mixed to say the least. My choice was good and I enjoyed, my wife found her chicken to be on the cold side and two of our family had the same problem.
The drinks were VERY expensive which meant that at the Wedding Reception, we did not drink as much as we could have - maybe no bad thing!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
SolentHotel, Steve Woodrow - General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thank you for your review.

I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay and the wedding was a success. I am grateful for your comments regarding dinner and will discuss this with my team. Bar prices are very much in line with 4* Hotels within our area, and we aim to be competitive whilst offering a very good level of service.

I do hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Margate
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

We were staying 2 nights for a golden wedding anniversary. Our room was beautiful and the bed was very comfortable. We ate in the restaurant the first night and the food was wonderful. The golden wedding was held in the Hambleton suite. We had a lovely meal and dancing afterwards.
We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your very praising review.

I was pleased to read you had an enjoyable two night stay with us, and both the hotel facilities and service plus the golden wedding event you were part of, were a success.

I shall be sure to pass on your kind feedback to all my team.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Just got back from the Solent Spa Hotel, had a lovely two night break with my husband and two kids aged 13 and 9. The hotel itself is lovely and the staff very friendly, the spa was really nice, i had a lovely time in the jacuzzi, steam room and sauna and had a bit of a swim, i liked the fact that it was laned off so people could swim lengths if they wanted whilst kids could play on the other side. Floats and the toys are only allowed for an hour in the morning but there was a family that ignored that rule and got them out anyway and everyone else joined in as well until the manager came out and said they needed to be put away! The only mistake I made here was not booking treatments in advance, I thought it would be ok to leave it til i got there but it was fully booked, there was a wedding going on so obviously the wedding parties had booked them all up and the spa was closed for treatments on bank holiday monday which I thought was a bit silly as the rest of the hotel was open so why not also open the spa on one of the busiest days of the year! We ate in the restaurant one night and in the bar the next. The food was really nice and quite reasonable we also drank alot and the bill wasn't that high. I have read reviews that have said it was very pricey but to be honest it was London prices which we are used to being from London so for us it was fine. The room was fine and big enough for a family but the bunk beds were ridiculously noisy so I would recommend going for the sofa bed option when booking a family room. Dont go for the bunk beds unless you have a 5 and 6 year old as with the older kids the weight of them makes them creak and squeak all night. The rooms do get really hot so on the second night we put the aircon on before we left for the evening to cool the room down and turned it off when we got back and the room was fine. The espa shower gels and shampoos in the bathroom were divine. We didnt have breakfast as we thought £12 each to preebook or £14 to just decide on the morning was a bit too steep so instead we went down to the Whiteleys shopping centre literally 5 mins away for breakfast in deans diner which was lush! We popped into the pub on site to have a look and maybe order some food but because it was bank holiday monday they had stopped serving food at 6! Also the restaurant in the main hotel asks that familys with children under 12 eat between 6 and 7.15! That i thought was a bit rude but as my 9 year old son looks and is the height of a 12 year old we got away with it! You can eat in the bar area with kids at any time though and it is a lovely area to sit in. On the whole a lovely stay, and would really recommend the Solent Spa hotel for a relaxing break, next time I will leave the kids at home and book my treatments in advance!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review.

I was delighted to read you had an enjoyable family break here at the Hotel, and your kind comments are very much appreciated. I will ensure all of the team see you feedback.

I am sorry you were not able to have any treatments due to us been fully booked, so when you do return, I would recommend you book these in advance of your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Really nice hotel. The quality of the food, both in restaurant and bar is great. Had one of the best steaks ever. The Sunday lunches are very good. The restaurant decor is good and the level of service is high with friendly trained staff.
The amenities are very good too. A good gym nice pool and spa facilities.

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Bill_Fareham
SolentHotel, Steve Woodrow - General Manager at Solent Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for your tripadvisor review.

I am delighted to read as you live locally to the Hotel, that you visit us on a regular basis and enjoy the facilities and food and service we offer our guests.

I note your comments regarding our steaks (thank you) and we source all our meats from quality and very reputable local butchers.

We hope to see you back again in the Hotel soon.

Kind Regards
Steve Woodrow, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whiteley
Holiday Inn Fareham Solent
#3 of 24 in Southampton
The Winchester Hotel & spa
The Winchester Hotel & spa
#7 of 13 in Winchester

Been to Solent Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!