“Excellent”
Review of The Casa Hotel

The Casa Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Yateley
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Good value for money, room was of a good size, clean, modern and well equipped. I was very pleased with the breakfast and would stay again. I will defenetely go back during my next trip in UK.

There are newer reviews for The Casa Hotel

Reviewed 30 August 2011

Many thanks to the Helen and her staff for making our 12 night stay at "The Casa" enjoyable and relaxing.

Our large group were fairly demanding and Helen, Jason and the "The Chef " pulled all the stops out to attend to all our requirements.

The food was excellent... Lunch and dinner was often arranged for a our party at very short notice by the experienced Chef.

Well done to all and we'll see you next year.

Reviewed 24 August 2011

On behalf of a 30 plus group from New Zealand I would like to thank Helen (Manager) , Jason and the rest of the staff at Casa for fantastic hospitality and service throughout our stay.

We enjoyed the great food and bar facilities and would certainly recommend Casa to others who are looking for a comfortable stay in nice surroundings.

A+

Reviewed 21 August 2011

I booked 3 rooms 3 months ago for a family wedding at Rivervale Barn. I booked one double, one twin and one double with 2 rollaway beds..

I phoned to confirm the booking twice beforehand. However when we arrived at 12.30 on Sat 20th Aug..there seemed to be some confusion, they had rollaway beds in
all 3 rooms..I explained to Helen the manager our requirement again and we then left for our wedding.

At 1am we returned to the hotel with two children 4 and 6 asleep in our arms to find that not only did we have a twin room there were no rollaway beds for our children...It took a further 40 minutes to get the room ready with my husband in the end helping to put the beds in the room..We were told there were no duvet covers for the rollaways and one didn't even have a bottom sheet...( we were told it was the best they could do and to take it up with someone in the morning) Helpful....!! The night duty manager was rude to not only myself but my dad, There was no organisation and no one at the hotel knew what they were doing or what was going on...??

We were given room no 3 and couldn't get into the room it took a further 10 minutes to get someone to come up with another card to gain access to the room by this point it was after 2am..we got into the room shattered and finally put the children into bed, however not for long we were given the room over the bar and the noise levels were unacceptable, by 3am and with one 4 year old now crying because people were outside our window smoking shouting and swearing i called reception to complain at this point I was close to tears...

With hardly any sleep and extremely upset we arrived to breakfast the cooked to order breakfast that i was told about when i booked that was a buffet..? And then to add insult to injury we encountered Elena..the most unpleasant rude person i have EVER met...we had to clear and re lay our own table and asked for tea and toast...she shrugged and went to serve tables near us, 10mins later we asked again...and again and again in the end she came to the table next to us smirked at us and asked if they wanted any more tea or toast.....At this point my dad walked out..And i complained at reception...they told me i wouldnt be charged for my stay...but honestly you need compenstaion for staying at this hotel it ruined our family wedding we were so stressed out....We have Never had such a terrible stay at a hotel before...Please learn for our mistake and Avoid this hotel, its the closest to Rivervale barn but trust me stay at the premier inn or ANYWHERE else. You know you have done wrong when the local taxi drivers call it Fawlty Towers...!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank kerrypar
Helen-Brooks123, Manager at The Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2011

Thank you for your review and for sending the same complaint by email.

I have responded to this email, asking for further information so that we can try to resolve this issue, mainly to find out why you and your family were not staying in the rooms that we had allocated for you, which were away from the bar and already had the extra beds in. I can only guess there must have been some confusion, for which I apologise.

I would also like to apologise for the noise, which was caused by having 2 wedding parties staying in the hotel. We do try to minimise this as much as we possibly can and we did repeatedly ask the wedding guests to try and keep the noise to a minimum.
Where possible we will always allocate non wedding guests to rooms away from the bar area and any noise.

Regarding breakfast, I have spoken to Elena and she assures me that she didn't mean to come across as rude and she has asked me to pass on her sincere apologies that you found her to be this way. At the time when you came down for breakfast, we were experiencing a very high volume of customers and I apologise that the service was no where near our usual high standard.

Once again I would like to thank you for this review. Since we had new management start at The Casa, we have seen an improvement in the reviews and the overall guest experience, however this review helps us to establish which areas still need improvement.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do contact me - ------- .

Kind regards

Helen Brooks
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 14 August 2011

If you want a hotel that looks like Alcatraz - don't come here! This is not a purpose built travel motel. So, there are lots of nooks and crannies but thats the charm of the hotel. The rooms have everything you need in terms of TV, coffee and tea facilities etc. and more importantly they are clean. Staff are courteous and when my husband and I stayed on the 12th August to attend a wedding, the staff were under considerable strain and they still managed to keep calm and cope with the additional workload. Some people will always find fault - I would certainly frequent this hotel again. (Wedding guests)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Escapade21
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Stayed at the Casa Dei Cesari for two nights with family and friends for a family wedding at Rivervale Barn. Found all staff to be helpful, efficient and very friendly. Hotel had a good friendly atmosphere. Rooms were well prepared and of a good standard. Would certainly book the hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank norma m
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Over from Canada for a wedding at the Rivervale Barn we, along with other members of the family, stayed at this hotel. Upon checking in, we asked if there was a lift, as we had large suitcases with us but we had a curt "No!". The room, once we found it with the odd numbering system, was ok at best. We needed the fan on all night as it was so hot, no tissues, no notepaper or pens. Coming from Canada, we are used to these things in all hotel rooms, even budget hotels. The bathroom had nowhere to lay anything, toilet bags had to perch on top of the toilet or on the floor, the light above the mirror did not work, soap was in a container attached to the wall above the bath. Ok for having a shower, but if you had a bath you had to stand up to get soap. Towel rail above the bath at a height of about 6', no toiletries i.e. Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower Cap etc. Remember this is not a budget hotel! And, one pillow each looking lost on a big bed.
The staff were curt when asked for anything. The breakfast was cold, as the burners under the chafing dishes were not on.
We had to check out early, before the hotel was up and about, as we had an early flight but heard from other family members that the breakfast fiasco got worse the next day with no seats available and staff clearing breakfast away before guests had eaten!
Would we stay there again, I don't think so, there's way better value for money out there and the management need to seriously look around to see how other hotels are run and you really should be able to get mobile phone and internet service.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Mmabroon
Helen-Brooks123, Manager at The Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2011

Thank you for your review.
We are always sorry to hear that a guest has been disappointed with their stay at The Casa Hotel.
I would like to apologise that you weren't able to use the lift as it was being serviced at the time, this should have been explained to you.
Regarding the lack of notepaper and other facilities in the room, we are currently in the process of rebranding the Hotel and are looking into providing guest facilities with the new logos on.
The building is very old, therefore we do sometimes have some problems with mobile phone signal. We have wi fi available in all public areas and plug in broad band in the bedrooms for guest use.
Once again, thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back to The Casa Hotel in the future.
Kind regards

Helen Brooks
Deputy General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yateley
The Ely
#1 of 7 in Farnborough
Dial House Hotel
Dial House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crowthorne

Been to The Casa Hotel? Share your experiences!