“the food is the star”
Review of The Casa Hotel

The Casa Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Yateley
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Casa is a nice hotel but a bit dated in its décor, the staff are friendly and polite,but the real star is the food in this Marco Piere White restaurant well worth a visit. the area is quite isolated but there are a few places to visit nearby. the drinks in the hotel are not cheap and there are not many pubs in walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank robbo53
TheCasaManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear robbo53

Thank you so much for your feedback.
The hotel is under-going a management change throughout and the new standards that are being slowly implemented will be done alongside significant refurbishment in some areas.

I do hope you will visit us again in the future to see the changes.

Guest Relations

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed in March on a two night dinner, bed and breakfast LivingSocial deal. We checked in very apprehensively given the reviews we'd seen and I'm pleased to report that our views were different. Views must depend a lot on which room you get, there was certainly evidence of a lot of refurbishment going on. We had a room in the newer part of the hotel and thought it was very nice. Ok the mattress wasn't terrific and the furnishings were a little shabby but this doesn't claim to be any more than 3 star and you get what you pay for. I have stayed in worse 4 star establishments.
The food quality in the restaurant was superb for both dinner and breakfast with a good selection on the set/inclusive menu.
I think the hotel suffers from having such a good quality restaurant with a big name associated with it, you naturally assume a similar standard from the hotel, and that's not the case. From the work going on I think this might be what they are aiming for, they have got a long way to go but we thought it was excellent value for the deal we were on. I may have a different view if I'd paid rack rate!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PrincessLightSleeper
TheCasaManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Princess Lightsleep

Thank you so much for your review.
We are pleased you had an overall comfortable time with us.
At present we are in the process of a management take over and the plans for the future are substantial. They include full bathroom refurbishment, new beds throughout the property as well as public area re-design.

Do come and see us again as we progress.

Guest Relations

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had already booked this hotel before I read the reviews. Had I have read them I would never had booked, but I felt the reviews were totally unfair.
We were welcomed by a very nice young man in reception, who although had had a long day was helpful.
We had a good room, which was modern, clean and warm and although we did not have a view it did not matter to us on this occasion. The bed was comfortable although it was only a double - king sized would have been better.
The bathroom was lovely, modern and fully tiled. It had a heated mirror over the sink (which I thought was a real bonus) plenty of shelves for toiletries and a fantastic shower. I wished I could have taken it home, it was a real power shower and gave me a really good shoulder massage in the morning.
The breakfast was also good. Good choice on the buffet of full English breakfast with fresh coffee, toast, juice and fruit.
Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms could possibly be noisy due to through traffic, I think the higher numbers could b...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen1911
TheCasaManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Karen911

We are delighted you had a great stay with us.
I am pleased to note that we are in the process of a full management team take over and the new General Manager has plans for either king or super-king size beds in all rooms !

We do hope to see you again.

Guest Relations Team

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed at The Casa Hotel in February with other family members for my daughters' wedding locally. Initial impressions of the property and location were favourable, though the Reception welcome was unfriendly, if efficient. We were surprised that our room was in an area of the hotel that was plainly being re-furbished, one bedroom at a time, with a strong paint smell and evidence of the contractors in the corridor etc. But my daughter found herself in a room directly next to the one currently being decorated, which was not acceptable. Reception agreed to 'upgrade' her to a more modern room in another part of the hotel at minimal cost - thank you - and her special day wasn't compromised. This is a management issue - no problem with the rooms being re-furbished, just don't place guests in that area when there were plenty of rooms available in other parts of the hotel.

The hotel's restaurant is a Marco Pierre White franchise - there was a reasonable choice and the ambience was fine. Food wasn't remarkable, but the service was good and just about justified the rather pricy tariff. The bar staff were good and happy to serve us late into the night, which helped us make the most of getting various family strands together for the occasion.

Check out was frosty! No 'was everything satisfactory' or 'we hope to see you again' - the lady on duty was really disinterested - perhaps they are too used to being the local and recommended hotel for the Rivervale Barn wedding venue nearby (which was brilliant...) and take the wedding party bookings as read?

All in all a bit disappointing, as a little more care from the management and staff is expected at this premium price.

Room Tip: Ask if your allocated room is near to any re-furbishment...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank peteratsylvan

Dear Peteratsylvan

I can only apologise for the experience you had.
We are always naturally disappointed to hear that someone has not had a fantastic time with us.
I am please to mention here that we are undergoing a management take over in the next couple of weeks and there are substantial development plans in place under the new incoming General Manager for all areas.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Whilst staying at this hotel for a wedding nearby I was quite disappointed with our room and the breakfast. The room was very basic with a really naff picture of a flower to try and brighten the place up !
The toilet when flushed took about an hour to fill up with water and was quite noisy in the process.
The hotel advertises 24 hour room service but calling at midnight they could only offer peanuts as there was no one else to cover the one receptionist.
The breakfast was very poor, typical cheap hotel food and considering that this hotel has Marco Pierre whites name to it you would imagine it would be half decent.
I would not advise anyone to stay here for £85 per night. You would be better off spending £50 at a travel lodge instead.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Neil R

Dear NeilR

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed for 2nights to attend a wedding at Rivervale Barn, which is nearby and fantastic! Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the Casa. We originally booked a deal that was a standard room but decided 2 nights in a fairly shabby small room with a 4ft 6ins bed was not good enough so were offered an upgrade to an Executive room for £20 per night. This room had a decent bed and more space, although they don't expect you to stay long judging by the storage space. The bigger room was above the conference room and newer but still in need of some TLC. For example the bath/shower had very complicated mixer/controls and a glass door but no seal at the bottom so 1shower and the floor was flooded, we saw the room attendant to ask for an extra bath mat to stem the flow. Other guests reported problems with lights and noisy fuse boxes in their rooms. There were tea making facilities and free Wi-Fi.
Breakfast was pretty good apart from rubbish Orange Juice. Dinner was quite good, food quality generally good although Scallops tasteless. Trying to get water was quite a challenge more then once till eventually were actually left a litre!
Not the sort of place I would be proud to call mine Marco, more like faulty towers!

Room Tip: Standard rooms are smallish and some have 4ft 6ins double, some have twin. Newer rooms near conferen...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mjderrick

Dear Mjderrick

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Helpful and cheerful staff.
The hotel is a bit of a Rabbit warren, which some may think is quaint, but when carrying bags it is a pain and a long trek. Heaven forbid if you are elderly and or infirm.
Sound proofing is none existent .....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The food is, as one would imagine, excellent and beautifully presented.

Room Tip: Don't book
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank JohnTPW

Dear John

Guest relations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yateley
The Ely Hotel
#1 of 7 in Farnborough
Warbrook House
Warbrook House
#2 of 2 in Eversley

Been to The Casa Hotel? Share your experiences!