“Disappointed”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Yateley
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Had been looking forward to an overnight stay at this hotel. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the breakfast was reasonable standard. Felt hotel looks very tired and in need of some internal decoration. Don't think would stay there again !

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lovetotravel12092010
TheCasaManager, General Manager at The Casa Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Lovetotravel

Thank you so much for your review.
Some of our rooms could indeed be descried as tired which is why we have a comprehensive refurbishment plan rolling out in the next few months.
We do hope you will come and see us again to see what you think.

Simon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I thought this hotel was a very enjoyable place to stay. Why do people worry about the taps being old, mastic round bath a bit black, bed hard. Come on your only staying a couple of nights, you haven't got to live there. Four of us stayed ascot week for 2 nights and thought it was fantastic, it's not the ritz but we never paid ritz money!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Lee R
Dear Lee

Thank you so much for your honest and frank review.
We are so pleased you had a great time and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Casa Hotel, the staff were friendly and helpful, the food was very good and the room was comfortable all in all a very pleasant experience, so good I'm going again next week and taking 7 of my coleagues with me!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
TheCasaManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Casa Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Ken W

Thank you so much for your review.
We are delighted you had a great stay and look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back.

regards

Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed there last night for a romantic evening away.
This is a lovely independent hotel with lot of character. The room was nice although the bathroom taps were old and stiff. Everything was lovely and clean.
The staff are all friendly and helpful, including our chubby bald flirty waiter - a great guy. The evening meal we had was superb.
Now the other bits. The service during our meal was too fast. We like to enjoy each course and we seemed really rushed. Maybe it was because we started our meal at 8.30pm and they wanted to go home. The price of the food was excellent but they make their money on the drink. A house wine would be great - the cheapest bottle of wine seemed to cost the same as my 3 course meal. And £4.20 for a pint of Becks Vier!
With the great evening meal we were really looking to a lovely breakfast. Cold plates in the plate heater were a start, no choice of eggs (they only had scrambled). Cold sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes. Awful.
My wife loved it here but personally I would only visit for an evening meal.

1 Thank Trevor_Surrey
TheCasaManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Casa Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Trevor

Many thanks for your review.
We appreciate your comments and have indeed added them to our staff training board so everyone can see your feedback.
The hotel is about to commence a substantial re-development not just to its fixtures and fittings but also throughout its staffing structure. We believe this will ensure the our guests have a consistently fantastic time with us ... Do therefore come again !

Cirencester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed there last night, from Ascot races. All good. Not a modern place, but good enough. Considering the price. I read the reviews and dreading it. However, it's was a great place. I think all the bathrooms have been refurbished. I would happily stay there again. The restaurant is a must. I understand the previous chef has left, and the new one very good.

1 Thank Ramrap10
Dear Marzi P

Thank you for your review.
We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed here three or four times now and it improves each visit.

The staff are all always very friendly. Four of us ate in the restaurant which had a good menu with plenty to choose from. None of us could fault our food or the waitresses and the price was fair too.

To top it all off we are allowed to bring our little dog to the hotel and he is always very welcomed. The lady on reception even brought him in a little dog biscuit as a morning treat. You don't find that sort of personal service at many hotels.

1 Thank Andy C
Dear Andy C

Thank you so much for your review.
We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again.

Kingskettle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed here for one night on business. Got here at about 12 to be told check in isn't until 3PM. Great, I thought, I can try the Marco Pierre White restaurant!!

Food was nice enough, if overpriced - you could get the same/better elsewhere for cheaper I'm sure. Service was OK to start although I was left for half an hour or so without being asked if I wanted dessert/the bill - ended up having to find the staff myself.

Room is functional but I suspect all the rooms need a bit of an overhaul and tlc. Decor is painted rough plaster. Bathroom needs some serious work - shower fell off the wall when I was using it - not the head, the whole thing. Bathroom sealant has been badly applied - looks like several layers, and still black scum shows through.

Room service (burger & chips) was OK - again expensive for what you get - and NO CONDIMENTS - no salt/pepper/ketchup etc etc - why do hotels not provide this??

So Ok for a night's stay - restaurant promises much but doesn't really deliver at the price.

Next time I'm in the area, I won't be staying here,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Quarky68
TheCasaManager, General Manager at The Casa Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Quarky68

Thank you so much for your review.
I can only assume that your stay was some time ago as we have had a refurbishment of over 90% of our bathroom facilities in the last 2 months. The new product is being very well received with our new and repeat clientele. I can only apologise for other areas where you felt the standard fell short of your expectations.
I would ask that you do try us again if in the area as new management and redevelopment will certainly play a key part in our immediate future.

Simon

Travellers are raving about these Yateley hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Yateley
The Ely
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,821 reviews
Lismoyne Hotel
Lismoyne Hotel
#1 of 4 in Fleet

Been to The Casa Hotel? Share your experiences!