The Casa Hotel
Dial House Hotel(Crowthorne)
Warbrook House(Eversley)
The Elvetham(Hartley Wintney)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe marco pierre white restaurantwedding venuequiet locationbuffet styleevening mealafternoon teastayed for one nightrefurbishment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed there for two nights great venue,lovely rooms but poor with the finer details! Had to re book as no record of original booking even though we had email confirmation.and still got booking wrong when we checked in.bar and restaurant staff were very polite and friendly.not sure Marco Pierre white should still allow his name to be associated with it as tryed to order a moctail for a friend from the menus and was told sorry we can't do it as we are under new management and we don't do them because we don't have the ingredients and don't know how to?? Also when I asked about the provenance at the restaurants I was told M,P,W designed the menus and we paid for the rights to use the name he never is here and we have a chef that is good??.could be a fantastic hotel and hope the get it sorted as loved the location.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Simon J
TheCasaManager, General Manager at The Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear SimonJ

Thank you so much for your review.
I am delighted to say our new master mixologist and bar manager joined us just last week.
For the first time in the hotels existence we now have a true bar master.
I am still amazed however that you would ever have been told that we do not have the ingredients for a mocktail as this is something we always have the ability to produce.
I am sorry you had a few other issues. The hotel is as you are aware going through major changes and in line with our Marco Pierre White restaurant association will be launching a very revitalised product later this year...
Do come and see us again so we can get your feedback.

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Just had a meal here for our Wedding Anniversary.Been here on may occasions for meals, weddings and Christmas always had a lovely meal. However tonight we were very disappointed. The food was still very nice. But the menu was very limited compared to what it was we did express our feelings to the waiter. I fancied having steak there was.only one choice a 7 oz fillet steak £33.00 I thought this was expensive I would expect to pay this at Pennyhill Park Hotel, the triple Chips were undercooked. Would I come Back again sadly no not unless the.menu became more varied.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank muirhead26

Dear Muirhead

Thank you so much for your review.
I note your comment about the steak.
Our menu is continually developing. Our new Head Chef who is only a few weeks into his new role is devising new and exciting dishes continually.
I am sure that if you return to us again you will be able to sample some truly fantastic menu items.
Our restaurant Wheelers actually has a separate review page and as you will be able to see has seen a marked improvement. Do contact me directly at any further point should we be ale to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed for 3 nights in Aug 2014 during a business trip.
The hotel is in a great location for easy access from main routes, but is itself in idyllic rural surroundings with a country park across the road.
The establishment has a slight aura of previous neglect, but most importantly clearly has an ambition to raise standards and service to new levels. It has several new key members of staff, who are displaying excellent customer service. As a guest, one is made to feel welcome and all the staff seem to be working hard to provide the sort of service which will encourage return business.
Rooms are clean and well maintained, Again there are signs of faded glory, but I understand a refurbishment programme is under way to return all rooms to top condition.
Breakfast is an English buffet; conventional, well cooked and very generous in quantity. I did not have an opportunity to sample the evening menu.
Room rates are currently excellent value.
I can wholeheartedly recommend this hotel for value and service.
Enjoy it before it becomes too popular!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear John

Thank you so much for your review.
We are indeed working very hard to continue to drive our product forward to new heights of excellence.
Do come and see us again soon and feel free to feedback at any point.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I'm impressed I have to say. I wasn't overly impressed on a visit a while ago but on hearing of new management I decided to go again as the location was ideal for a stop off en route.
Subtle changes are a start, to what I hear, is a huge renovation. The manager himself (a very professional and pleasant man) took me on a tour and explained what will be happening in the next few months which sound great!
As for the stay - staff were very professional and had been trained in etiquette since last I was there. They were pristine, attentive and thoughtful from the reception to the restaurant and bar. The rooms were clean and comfortable with The White Company products in the ensuite a nice surprise.
The food was outstanding from the Ritz style afternoon tea to the evening menu to the array of breakfast. I also had 2 children with me who were able to pick from a children's menu and when the vegetarian child struggled to choose, they offered pasta and sauce as an alternative!!
Overall, I'm glad I returned and didn't write it off. I'm actually looking forward to returning and seeing the developments!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the newer part which was quiet and nice.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear CrisAne

Thank you so much for your review.
We are delighted you noted so many improvements.
Do come and see us again as we continue to develop our product.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Before I posted this review I wrote to the Hotel to give them a chance to answer my criticisms but they did not have the courtesy to acknowledge my letter or reply. We stayed here when attending a wedding nearby.I had booked 2 rooms one for ourselves and one for our daughters when we booked in the receptionist said Oh your daughters have the better room! What an understatement, the bathroom of our room was in desperate need of attention. The toilet did not flush properly,the pop up plug in the hand basin was broken, you had to put your fingers round it to empty the water, the sealant round the bath and windows was very badly stained and looked like it had been applied with an icing spatula. The breakfast on the Sunday left much to be desired, the staff seemed uninterested and lacked initiative. The mushroom tray was empty and when I asked if there would be some more the waiter mumbled "It'll be a while yet" as he wandered off, The sausage tray was also empty and when my daughter asked a different waitress she replied "It will be at least 15 minutes" I appreciate the need to cook things freshly but the staff are usually aware with a buffet breakfast when things are getting low and need to be topped up. The table we were allocated to did not have a full set of cutlery I had to ask for more and my side plate was stuck to the cloth with butter. The restaurant was not full, nor was it the end of service so no excuses there. When we left I mentioned the state of the room and was told it was due for refurbishment and I might have noticed that some work was being done this was said in a very off handed manner and no apology was forthcoming.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
TheCasaManager, General Manager at The Casa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Stedders

Thank you for your review.
I note you stayed 4 months ago when the hotel was under a complete separate administration.
Since you were here the entire senior management team has been replaced.
Many aspects of our business have been altered and major renovation and refurbishment is planned to our bedrooms and public areas. We have already started an intensive training phase for our new team and I am delighted to say our customer feedback in the hotel has significantly improved.
It has been a very busy past 3months since I arrived and there is lots of exciting things still to come for us.
DO try us again in the future so you can see all the improvements for yourself.