“To begin Marco Pierre Whites venue took a rocky path”
Review of Casa Hotel Restaurant - CLOSED

Casa Hotel Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

But then it got better. We have been going to this restaurant for many years before they bought into The Wheelers concept. We liked the atmosphere and the menu, but, yes it had become very tired and needed a refurb. When we heard about the new restaurant now called The Casa we had to give it a try. We went to the opening and we were very impressed with the make over. The decor was spot, even for a room with old Oak beams and a full log fire, it worked. As it was a set menu we were agreeably impressed and enjoyed our first foray to this new age for The Casa. We have been back several times, in fact we visit 3 or 4 times a year and after the opening things did not go too well. The portions were very small though perfectly cooked and the atmosphere was tense. Gradually however things have improved and the restaurant is a cheerful place to visit. We would recommend, though it is expensive. If it is for a special occasion, then it is well worth it because the service and the ambiance are excellent as is the food.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

This is a first, I've never reviewed a Hotel whilst still in it. I stay in hotels at least 2 nights a week with work. The grounds are lovely, the rooms are terrible, I can accept tired, worn, dated, antique but not dirty.
Stained pillows, mould & serviceable electrical items & poor internet connection. Very poor.
However, I found the staff lovely, the food good & service acceptable.
Such a shame whoever holds the purse strings is as tight as a ducks backside.
I would bring the gardener inside & sack the maintenance/ cleaning team.
I shall not stay here again....ever.

1  Thank Troy S
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Parts of the hotel dated in need of a refurb. Our visit was spoilt by the air condition/heating breaking down on the first night. An electric heater was already insitu leading you to believe this was not a first time. A window would not close or lock hence letting in outside noise and cold air. The towel rail did not work for the whole of our stay not fun trying to dry off with cold damp towels. On the first day they ran out of breakfast unacceptable for a hotel of this calibre. Second night a group of guest decided to have a party in the corridor near our room. We were unable to get any answer when dialling down to reception to complain and did not want to walk down through the party to complain. We discussed our problems when checking out next day and told no management was available to speak to and we would have to email him. Our room upgrade was removed from our bill but did not make up for our bad experience.

1  Thank Suezeegee
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We had a deal that included an overnight stay and dinner!! We were not expecting 5 star service but would have expected there to a table for us in the Restaurant as it was a dinner & overnight stay package!!! The Receptionist was very offish and said that we should have been asked at time of booking what time we wanted to eat!!! which we were not!! so they could only offer us 6pm or 9.30pm for dinner, we had only checked in at 5pm so it was all a bit of a rush to eat at 6pm as 9.30pm was too late for us!! We ended up eating off the main menu where we had to pay an extra £20 per head. Limit choice of Rose wines on the menu so settle for a Rose Chablis for £40!! Our food was ok but nothing spectacular. The tables in the restaurant were very close together and one of the waiters had a jacket on so we had to hold onto our wine glasses everytime he served the tables next to us as he nearly knocked them over!!! We felt very rushed with our meal, the staff seemend very impatient and rushed us!! We paid extra for an upgrade to our room but I do not know what our upgrade conisisted of!!! our Room was very dark, bathroom was tatty and the grout round the tiles was all stained and mouldy, all tiles and showerhead were covered in limescale. Unfortunately I will not be recommending The Casa to any one I know!!!

1  Thank Nikki L F
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Back at the end of October I decided that it would be nice to go out for Christmas dinner for a change and save all the time spent cooking and clearing afterwards. There were just of us all family and thought that Marco Pierre White spelled quality food and surroundings. How wrong could I be. I paid £80 per person not including any drinks in advance, so £320.00.

Christmas day arrived and we arrived on time we waited 15 minutes for our first drink and were then shown to our table in the supposedly posh restaurant with served food not the buffet room with entertainment (which was considerably cheaper). We were seated at the far end of an add on room with the dirtiest sliding patio doors I have ever seen, completely filthy. Just the right of our table which was shoved against the fake wood panels, was a fire extinguisher and high chairs for babies. Oh well we though food should be good. NO.oooooooo.
The food was bad. The soup starter was not too bad but only as good as a good brand from the supermarket. The turkey dinner arrived. Barely warm and totally tasteless except for hot overpowering nasty gravy all over the top. After ordering a bottle of still water and waiting 1 hour that was it. We all got up and went out to complain, abandoning any thought of dessert. The waiter was shocked especially when I told him my Birdseye TV turkey dinner that I'd had a couple of weeks earlier was by far superior.

The whole place is run down and if that is the standard of food well we definitely wont be going back or recommend it to anyone.

3  Thank TrudieCamberley