“Very friendly staff and great breakfast”
Review of Short And Sweet

Short And Sweet
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Yateley
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Family owned. Very friendly staff and a good value/quality breakfast.
Free parking and close to post office

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My son and I have been coming here for the last 3-4 years and 9 times out of 10 it has been spot on. I do agree with a previous comment about clearing away and shutting up whilst customers are still in the cafe which is a little bit annoying.

It can also can get quite hot & stuffy inside during summer months due to the large windows.

Overall good quality food which after trying out so many other cafe's, restaurants and garden centre restaurants for breakfast Short N Sweet is excellent value.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Always fresh, always friendly, always good quality. Sandwiches, baguettes, baps always made to order with any combination, which is great for fussy eaters who want cheese salad but no tomatoes. In my opinion they offer the best breakfast selection in Yateley. The best bit for me? The healthy slimming world breakfasts and sandwiches.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

eat in short and sweat on average once a month for past 5 years, never had a bad breakfast or poor service even on a busy saturday. food is always tasy (espec the sausages) and hot, friendly staff who are always happy to swap the beans/tomatos for mushrooms a small thing but makes for a exceptional breakfast.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We have been to this cafe several times for breakfast and thought it very good value for money and the produce served very good as well.

However today we needed a spot of lunch, arrived at 1.50 pm signage indicated that it closed at 2.30 pm all good we thought. Two other people eating so I sat down, my husband ordered our food then we were asked to move as they were cleaning ready for closing.

As we had already paid for our food and indeed were hungry we did that, but to be honest it is very off putting to be eating your food with staff sweeping an obviously dirty ( in view of the weather )entrance mat. Cleaning the display cabinets,strong smelling cleaning fluid used to mop the floor, staff on their hands and knees cleaning the table pedestals!

Both my husband and I felt very uncomfortable and will not be returning because of this,the quality of the food was as good as ever, but in my opinion if the staff won't to leave by 2.30 then close at 2pm, cleaning such as we witnessed should be done after you are shut.

It would be unfair to say that this is a poor establishment because as I stated within the post until today everything has been fine, so was difficult to rate, just wanted to make owners and users aware.

4  Thank Elaineshelley
Richard M, Owner at Short And Sweet, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

I was disappointed to hear you were not happy with your visit to my cafe. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for your experience. I have taken your comments on board and will do my best to change the process so this does not happy again. I hope you will consider giving us a second chance to show you this is not the way we normally operate.