“Just superb...”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Lyndhurst
Sandbach, England, United Kingdom
“Just superb...”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We spent bank holiday weekend with my daughter and her boyfriend at this amazing property staying in Forrest 1 cottage.The service was outstanding...very personalised and unobtrusive,the hotel is beautifully decorated and restaurant excellent.The spa could not have been better ,,,excellent treatments and so nice not to get the product seek after a relaxing treatment.
The staff are some of the best i have come across and i work extensively in luxury hospitality around the world
A hidden gem in a beautiful part of UK...also The little sister pub The Pig is great for a pub meal...fantastic atmosphere and great food.
We will be back

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Susy R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
New Forest, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A stunning lunch and a wonderful afternoon! Four of us had lunch and the food, wine and service were first class. Angela Hartnett came out and chatted to us and not one detail could have been improved upon. We are regulars at Limewood but it keeps getting better and better. Nothing was too trouble for the team so big thanks to Dani, Sergio, James and of course Angela.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Wow what can I say by far the best spa experience I have ever had Definitely a competitor to careys manor senspa.
The food is all raw and made specially for you, a free glass of champagne to accompany your meal if it's a special occasion and the facial I had was a highly professional treatment, my therapist was brilliant, and considering I am also a beauty therapist I'm quite hard to please...
All in all a worth while visit. Can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed April 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Lime Wood has one of the best spa's I have had the pleasure of relaxing in. The room we stayed in was a nice suite with the main bathroom and bedroom on the 1st floor and the lounge and second bathroom on the ground floor. As we had a small child with us, we used room service for dinner and breakfast, and these were delivered in sweet little baskets. The dinner I feel would have benefited from being served in the hotel, but was still good. Breakfast was perfect. In the morning before breakfast was delivered, they dropped off my paper and delivered by daughters milk on a silver platter. You couldn’t ask for a nicer place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Baughurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We went to the restaurant at the Lime Wood Hotel and can't praise it enough.

A little difficult to find but worth the effort when you do. The setting is stunning and everything is of the highest standard.

We were greeted at the door and shown to the bar where menus were delivered.

The restaurant was superbly decorated. Staff were helpful and efficient. The meal it self was very good and all four of us enjoyed our choices.

One small point - having spent the best part of £300 on a meal for four it was disappointing that we were not thanked as we left the restaurant nor were we bade farewell as we exited the hotel.

Ashford
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We pushed the boat out and booked in for 4 x nights to stay here having been massive fans of the sister hotel "the pig " it's not cheap at £620 per night but I must say worth every penny.
The service was top draw and we had amazing stay couldn't fault the place a real gem just wish I had more money to stay longer and more often.
My only bad comment is that the spa and pool was closed for 2x days during our stay due to Technical issues but I aware this happens and staff said it was first time since they opened.
We only ate in the restaurant twice but found the food to be very nice indeed the staff were lovely the whole time we stayed this place might not offer great value for money, but the old saying that "you get what you pay for" is very true here this hotel is quality from top to bottom. Hope to return next year.

Room Tip: Log cabin is perfect
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue H
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Limewoods Herb House Spa has done it again - What a fantastic Spa day!

My mother and I arrived at the Herb House to be greeted by extremely polite staff who were very informative about the spa and the facilities. We were then taken to the Spa's restaurant area for a light bite and a smoothie which was delicious.

After this we were shown downstairs. In our lockets we had lovely robes, slippers and water bottles. The spa itself was as always (in my experience) not crowded and quite. (perfect for relaxing)

My mother and I spent time enjoying the wonderful spa facilities and looking out to the beautiful forest and main house views. As it was a glorious sunny day we relaxed by the outside pool reading. We were later collected for a facial and the therapists took us to have facials together in a really lovely airy treatment room that looked over the forest.

The therapists were fantastic and I felt extremely relaxed after my treatment.

After our lovely spa experience my mother and I received some lovely gift bags from the Herb House Spa (what a great little touch)

The spa itself is extremely clean and there are a number of staff working extremely hard picking up towels etc (they were very attentive at there jobs)

After the Spa my mother and I went for some herbal tea in the main hotel which again is lovely the staff are very attentive and asked very politely about our spa day and made polite conversation.

Rarely in the UK do you find hotels that really deliver on true 5 star service - But Limewood in my experience always does. I would recommend this hotel without a doubt (I have also stayed here as have my family members - all whom have had a delightful time)

Fantastic hotel and Spa in a fantastic location.

Room Tip: The sun downer package is great if you fancy a half a day spa package with a treatment 4pm to 8pm
1 Thank Georginatravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndhurst
The Crown Manor House Hotel
#3 of 10 in Brockenhurst
Cottage Lodge Hotel
Cottage Lodge Hotel
#1 of 10 in Brockenhurst

Been to Lime Wood Hotel? Share your experiences!