“Good food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fox & Hounds
Ranked #6 of 51 Restaurants in Lyndhurst
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A picturesque pub in the lovely town of Lyndhurst, The Fox & Hounds is a historic coaching inn, recently refurbished to a stunning standard. Stop in for cask ales, craft beers and delicious fresh food from some of Hampshire's finest producers.
London
“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Tried two places before we went into the Fox and Hounds, actually pleased we couldn't or didn't stay in either of them. The Fox and Hounds, was a very nice pub, friendly, busy, with good food. Tasty veggie selection, good selection of beers and spirits - everything we could have wanted.

Littlehampton, United Kingdom
“If the toilets are anything to go by ...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

... don't eat here!

I gauge any premises on the cleanliness of their toilets. If they can't keep this area clean and tidy, I don't trust the food preparation area to be any better ...

Visited March 2014
Lyndhurst, United Kingdom
“Made my mothers day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was taken by my family for mothers day lunch. Wow the food was brilliant. Had a lovely starter of Ham terrine followed by roast beef. So delicious. Good food and good service thank you

Hampshire, UK
“Lovely little surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Our family of 17 went out for Mothers Day to the Farm up the road. We hadn't booked anywhere for lunch and didn't think we would get in anywhere. We ventured into Lyndhurst and decided to give The Fox & Hounds a try. We were quite late it was 1445 when we arrived.

We were greeted when we walked in, I asked if they were still serving food and could they accommodate 17 of us. This was no problem, looks like we had missed the rush. A member of staff was rearranging some tables and said he could leave them as it was a big long table to fit us all.

Nothing was a problem, we were seated and given menus, told we could order at the bar or have table service. As we were all paying separately we said we'll just order at the bar and pay as we go along.

The staff were really friendly. The food came quite quickly. I had the roast chicken. I don't usually rate roast dinners in pubs as mine are usually better and I feel disappointed when I eat a roast out. Not here though. The chicken was cooked lovely, still nice and moist. The potato's were lovely and had plenty of veg. The presentation was very good also and good value for money.

We were very pleased to try this pub, the service and food was excellent. When I am next in Lyndhurst I will definitely return and try some thing else.

Thank you very much, you finished off our day perfectly :)

Epping, United Kingdom
“Great gluten-free service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Great service. Called ahead to ask about wheat-free options. Was told no problem and that the chef would come out and talk me through the menu. They remembered this when we got there. I had lots of options! Including offers of alternative chips to avoid gluten coating on others they had. Very friendly attentive staff. Food was lovely with great quality ingredients. Good atmosphere...definitely still a locals pub. I know a refurb planned. Please be sensitive! And maybe no waiter service. People come to a pub for a pub. We expect to order our pie & mash with a pint at the bar!

1 Thank Enjoik