“Nice food and entertaining quiz night”
Review of Fox & Hounds

Fox & Hounds
Ranked #7 of 51 Restaurants in Lyndhurst
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Your hunt for the perfect pub ends in Lyndhurst, where the Fox & Hounds serves fantastic cask ales and delicious fresh food from an historic former coaching inn. Sink into a sofa by the fire or bask outside in our glorious sun-trap of a terrace; it’s our very own great outdoors.
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We ate here on the last night before the pub closed for quite a major refurbishment. Food was very nice and reasonably priced. They hold a quiz night on Mondays which was very entertaining - £1 pp to enter. Lovely window boxes outside. Sounds like the interior will be much brighter and more spacious when it reopens. I look forward to seeing the changes next time I am over that way.

There are newer reviews for Fox & Hounds

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Met up with sister & her family here as a convenient midway point prior to a stroll round the new forest. Good beer, decent pub grub - they do a "pie of the month", currently venison in a red wine sauce - 3 of us had it, said it was good - wife had a starter portion of mussels off the specials board - she said it was excellent (and a very decently sized portion for a starter), I had a rump steak - nicely cooked as requested, possibly a bit lacking in flavour but par for the course for a pub. I should have had the pie, which was either home made or locally sourced - it looked very good. Several rounds of drinks plus lunch for 5 came in at ~£80, reasonable value I thought.

We had our muddy dog with us and ate inside, no problem.

Pub/toilets etc very clean, friendly staff - not very atmospheric but a solidly good pub - I would go there again.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Went last w/e w/o a booking only because the restaurants elsewhere were too busy. What a surprise. Food was really good & much better than many restaurants. I had the pie while my wife had a veggy option. My sons had the burger & the Ham eggs option. Prices were low so we were not holding out for good quality. So imagine our surprise when the meals were really good!
Great quality, served well& quickly. Staff were very good too giving me a sample of one of the beers I didn't recognise & the manager made a point of asking how the meal had been. Well done guys!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Visited on a quiet Sunday evening, ordered the Beef roast and the Pork belly. Both were very nice traditional pub meals!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Met friends here for lunch. The staff are friendly and the service was good.We all had various sandwiches which are served with chips and we all enjoyed them, though they weren't particularly cheap - £6
My main criticism would be that the pub smelt very strongly of toilet cleaner. Maybe this was a one off as no other reviewers have commented on this. It was a bit off putting though!