All reviewsswimming poolglasshouse restaurantcellar barred letterbunk bedsglass housefamily roompeppa pig worldlovely hotelbooked this hotelbreakfast and dinnertravel cotpaultons parkwaterloo armsfour posterduty managerboth nights
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We only spent one night at the hotel, but we were impressed by the fabulous location and charmed by the delightful staff, who went out of their way to welcome us. We had a standard room which was only small, but the bed was very comfortable and we slept very well.
The pool was a good size and there was only one other guest using it at 5.30 when we arrived. Best Western menus take themselves very seriously, but despite the titles, the food was fine and the waitress was happy to fetch us port with the cheese, which was a treat. We will certainly visit the hotel again as it is so ideally placed in the middle of the forest.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bev838
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Recently stayed here to celebrate my sisters birthday,there were 8 of us and we all thoroughly enjoyed our stay,reception staff were very friendly,the rooms were big enough for a family of four and not too hot like so many hotels are! The floorboards are rather creaky and the corridors a bit tired looking but this is not a huge problem.Dinner was very good as was breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Crooky2014
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My wife and I stayed for a two night stay for a little break before the Easter holidays. It was located just outside the town of Lyndhurst, just a few minutes walk away. The staff were very helpful and the rooms had everything we needed. Two small grips, a couple of light bulbs had gone and needed replacing and the noise insulation is not very good. We could hear people in the corridor all the time and the floor boards were very creaky. We found that there were lots of stairs to negotiate as it seemed that we always had top walk over the kitchen so had to go up and down stairs on the same route!
The food was as expected in this type of hotel. We did have to wait some time one afternoon when we ordered coffee on the verandah but overall it did us fine. The swimming pool was a plus as was the internet connection.
Beware, they do have weddings and functions here and although we didn't experience any whilst we were there, I imagine it could be noisy if one was being held there.

Room Tip: As far away from the function room as possible.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jonathan W
Reviewed 16 April 2014

As you walk through the door you are made welcome and that is consistent throughout the hotel. The staff are well trained, professional and friendly, a great combination well executed. I would highly recommend dinning in the hotel as the kitchen produces some excellent plates of well cooked and thoughtfully presented food. You have the wonderful countryside to enjoy through the day with the added benefit of an indoor pool and sauna to relax in before dinner. If you are going to the New Forest consider staying at Forest Lodge you won't be dissapointed.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are to a good standard
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Scotty011
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Forest Lodge Hotel for a conference. My work is in hospitality and I must say that I found the staff in this hotel 100%. They were welcoming, friendly and helpful. Nothing was was too much effort, however little the request. The room was well appointed. The food was tasty and well presented and each day the dishes represented the different styles of cuisine of our group. The chicken pie was particularly good. Breakfast was fabulous. The amenities that we used for training were good. I didn't use the pool, but it looked warm and capable of some serious swimming - I merely enjoyed sitting out on the deck between meetings, viewing the ponies on the heath across the road, while I read papers and sipped coffee. Thank you all involved.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business