All reviews swimming pool glasshouse restaurant cellar bar red letter bunk beds glass house family room peppa pig world lovely hotel booked this hotel breakfast and dinner travel cot paultons park waterloo arms four poster duty manager both nights
Reviewed 19 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
newforesthotels, Guest Relations Manager at Forest Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Having read the reviews - starting with the "terrible" - I wasn't sure what to expect. The room could not be faulted, well appointed, plenty of room, fresh towels, toiletries, a variety of teas & coffee etc. Had a meal in the Glasshouse Restaurant - other reviewers complained of small portions - yes the sea bass was rather small considering it incurred a supplement but there you go. Service could have been a bit quicker, there were not that many other diners, but we were not in a rush. The only criticism being that when ordering the dessert of 3 new forest ice creams - we were asked which ones we wanted - there are no varieties printed on the menu & the waiter was a bit offhand relaying those he could remember. Cannot comment on the pool as we didn't use it. Breakfast was very enjoyable and would recommend the full New Forest Breakfast - the waiter (a different one this time) was very helpful and attentive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I booked this hotel as a I wanted a quiet location out of Sothampton. I had other work meetings in Wimborne but also needed good access to Southampton Airport. This location was very good.
The staff were exceptional. I arrived late (23:30) and was given a speedy registration and offer of assistance, polite and friendly. I appreciated this after a long day.
The breakfasts were good, nothing specaticular but met my needs for healthy breakfasts. I could have had the full 'New Forest'.
The wifi speed was more than I needed so no problems there.
Flybe sent me my boarding docs by e-mail and the receiption kiindly printed this for me.... just a good friendly service.
The New Forest is a good 100 yards away! Very easy to access and very easy walking after a full working day.
I like a medium/soft bed and slept very well in a pleasant temperature. There were loads of pillows and general comfiness! I felt safe, secure and at home! I was pleased to share the hotel with various families and other work travellers. Noise from other rooms did not cause me any problems.
I didn't have an evening meal due to work commitments, but the menu looked very good. Hope the above helps.
Yes, I will stay again and strongly recommend this to my colleagues.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2014

From the start of booking our wedding day arrangements, through the planning of every detail, and finally to our wedding day itself everything was perfect. Nothing was to much trouble - everyone was friendly helpful and above all professional. The advice giving by the general manager could not have been more approprite and our whole day flowed line wine from a bottle, which it did during our excellent wedding breakfast. Very nice it was too !
The glass room was laid out so well it made us feel even more special.
True professionals were at work allowing us to enjoy the day and even the bewedding breakfast room was transformed into a disco with minimum fuss. The behind the scenes team certainly worked their magic. We have no problems recomending this as YOUR wedding venue - we hope you enjoy your day as much as we enjoyed ours. We would not have changed one thing about our day. Thanks Chris and your fantastic team. Peace love and happiness - the Big 60s xx.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Another best western gem, beautiful setting in the new forest. and, within walking distance of Lyndhurst village also well placed for the new forest and the coast, All staff very polite ,hotel very clean and tidy, breakfast plentiful , indoor leisure pool was just amazing, for that early morning swim. They have a very young staff at the hotel, and it works well, cant wait to come back.
Lin & Brian

Room Tip: room 12 good room over car park
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple