We stayed at Forest Lodge for a wedding the weekend of 25th / 26th July.
Reception was excellent with a pleasant and speedy check in. Our room was clean and on the whole was fine although I personally found the bed uncomfortable (my husband didn't) but the pillows need renewing as they were very lumpy. The room was incredibly hot ( it was a boiling weekend to be fair) and although a fan was provided the hotel really needs to look at getting air con.
We ate in the restaurant on the first evening. The food and service was second to none - in fact the restaurant is the best thing about the hotel - we were very impressed with the standard, variety and professional service.
Breakfast on both mornings was equally as good, with enough variety to suit everyone although less than what we are used to in other hotels.
Sadly the bar let the hotel down. They were unorganized, lacked customer service and were not stocked up. Bearing in mind we were at a wedding and therefore they knew they were going to be busy they ran out of draught lager early on, had no lime, ran out of bottled cider........
maybe the restaurant staff could teach the bar staff a thing or two!
The hotel management were excellent. They supported the wedding impeccably and the wedding itself was lovely, the ceremony room was decorated really tastefully.
I used the pool both mornings. It's fine for a swim - maybe a jacuzzi would enhance it further.
All in all we enjoyed our stay. I did think it was rather expensive for what you got but I guess thats the price of staying in the New Forest. Would we return? Yes we would!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly a Georgian Dower House of the Notherwood Estate, the Forest Lodge Hotel blends historical charm and contemporary style with warm hospitality. Located just minutes from Lyndhurst and the beautiful New Forest, our boutique hotel is the perfect destination for weekend getaways, family breaks, wedding celebrations, corporate meetings and events. Family-friendly doesn't just mean the kids, we welcome dogs too. With comfy, well appointed rooms featuring great amenities, we're ideal for swift overnight stays and long, indulgent breaks. Stroll into Lyndhurst and hit the boutiques, explore the beautiful New Forest surroundings, relax in our bars and dine well in the award-winning Glasshouse Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Forest Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Forest Lodge Hotel Lyndhurst
- Best Western Lyndhurst
- Lyndhurst Best Western
- Best Western Forest Hotel
- Forest Lodge Hotel Lyndhurst, New Forest