“Beautiful pasta”

Price range: US$26 - US$90
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hartnett Holder & Co is a relaxed, stylish and comfortable upscale restaurant - full of character, yet unpretentious. Angela Hartnett and Lime Wood’s Luke Holder, with their team, create locally sourced English dishes with a respectful nod to the seasons and to Italian culinary ideologies. This collaboration is reflected in their fresh, confident approach ensuring that this is "fun dining, not fine dining". Open all day.
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here a few times & always had the tasting menu. This is a delicious treat and had left me wanting to come back & just have a whole plate of pasta to myself . I was not disappointed.
I had the squid ink pasta with crab and my husband had the double agnolotti with broad beans. Both were cooked to perfection and the flavour was amazing. We had to order a ewes cheese and young vegetable salad as well as it had always been a favourite. The chocolate & expression mousse was divine.

The only comment I would make is be careful ordering for young children. We took my son who is 21 months & went for an early dinner to suit toddler timing. He loved his food but there was a lot of salt. It was seasoned perfectly for an adult but I think you need to be specific in stating that you don't want any salt as it was far too much for him. That is not a criticism of the chefs but a note to parents .

For the food alone this place is worth 5 stars but add in the setting & I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had lunch on a really warm , sunny day . The whole building is to a really high standard which creates a great ambiance and given the weather the doors were open with great views of the garden . I could not fault the food , the service too was of the highest standard .
We both ate off the fixed price menus which really is great value ,between us we had the Treviso and brown crab for starters , we both went for seafood risotto , all dishes were faultless .
Although we did not eat on this occasion from the a al cart menus it looked stunning and we will be returning !!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We have eaten at this restaurant a number of times and each time, it never disappoints. The location is stunning, the staff are friendly and knowledgeable about the food and the atomsphere is lovely.

The food and wine are delicious - a very special place to visit.

Would 100% recommend

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We booked here for a celebration meal and from the reputation of Angela Hartnett we expected a delicious meal. Unfortunately our food was terrible, our starter was cured ham which was one slice of ham. For mains we had the chicken which was unbelievably dry with no sauce and the sides orders also had no taste. The location itself is very beautiful so it was such a shame that the food was so bad. We didn't attempt dessert. This is an extremely over priced restaurant with tasteless food.

3  Thank BubbleandSqueak_11
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Have had some OK meals here and some bad ones. Thought we'd give it another go as hadn't been in a while but shouldn't have bothered. The food was actually quite pleasant on the whole - it was the service that let them down. It wasn't bad per se, but in this kind of establishment I would have expected them to be more attentive; we even had to pour our own wine which in my opinion is unacceptable. At £100 a head there's a lot of room for improvement.

2  Thank Suzy_G2012