“what a nice room”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Tudor Restaurant
Reviewed 1 January 2014

open fire with wood pannales give it a real old look service was grate fast and the food was just right

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We booked a party for our work christmas do. Four of use were given 'vegetarian' meals that appeared to contained different forms of meat. The staff acknowledged this and apologised but then wouldn't refund our payments for those meals. Management response was awful! We tried to resolve the situation, however the response was really unpleasant. at one point the male manager made the not so veiled threat of cancelling our whole christmas party. As far as I could tell, everyone receiving vegetarian meals were in the same position.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Family of 4 - Went for 3 course Sunday Lunch on a Groupon so half price. Decent value at half price but for the sake of a restaurant setting/ tablecloths etc we don't personally feel the full £60+ price would have been justified? Food was good/decent portions and service friendly/efficient but there are some other nice places in the New Forest that are far cheaper like for like. Would we go again ? Yes we would but not at full price I'm afraid.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

my wife and I had a 3 course Sunday lunch on the 21st july brought with a groupon voucher.

the menu had a choice of 5 dishes for each course and all choices were excellent for us, we could have had any one on the menu.
starters included pate,brie wedges with rosemary garlic, prawn cocktail etc
main course roast beef with Yorkshire pudding,roast pork both with roast potatoes etc
dessert, 3 scoops of local sourced ice cream,lemon pie,chocolate fudge cake with cream etc
a choice for all tastes.
my wife and I were surprised how tasty all our courses were and was very enjoyable, the only thing I did not enjoy was the amount of gravy on my plate, as I do not like my Yorkshires all soggy.the veggie is served in a separate dish.
however this did not effect my overall enjoyment of the meal.
yes the outside of the building needs some repair and looks dated,but we were there to eat.

I would have no hesitation in going back if we are in the area, as even the full price of £15.95 for 3 courses.this is outstanding value for money for the quality of the meal.
why was there no Eton mess on the desserts our favourite maybe next time we will be lucky.

question to Patrick(manager) what is the local sourced ice cream you use as this is one of the best we have tasted?