“Smashing Hotel, Highly Recomended to All.”

and 1 more site!
Ormonde House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lyndhurst
Reviewed 14 August 2009

We stayed at Ormonde House Hotel for five nights in August.

The Hotel was very friendly and the standard of food exceptional, in particular a really superb breakfast. The room was of good size and very clean. The Hotel was wonderfully located and had it's own car park right outside the Hotel. Items like free internet access, magazines and a small fridge in the room were all included which was most welcome.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tim_Harpenden

Reviewed 3 August 2009

Very warm welcome from a really nice reception lady who explained everything we needed to know about the hotel.The hotel itself was very clean & tidy.The staff were very friendly and professional in their approach to all matters. Our room was a double at the top of the hotel & had everything we required even down to a whirlpool bath. Very quiet. Dinner & breakfast was something else, superb quality which considering the variety that was on offer was a credit to them as it would be hard for someone to not find something that they liked. The hotel is situated opposite a massive park area in which you could walk for miles. Parking was excellent being right outside the front of the building. In short, an excellent hotel, with tremendouse food & great staff. Will we be going back? we sure will and are planning to do so later in the year. We were made to feel important & wanted.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ivybridger
Reviewed 7 July 2009

Both my husband and I have visited this hotel many times before. The staff are excellent,its like home from home. The food is great. This time we had a standard room which was very nice and comfortable,next time we shall upgrade to a superior.We met up with some nice people and are going to have a reunion next year.

Its opposite the entrance to the forest. Bournemouth and the coast is very near for visiting as are many other attractions.

Reviewed 27 June 2009

I had the misfortune to arrive on crutches and in a wheelchair. The hotel staff were so accomodating, friendly and went out of their way to assist. The large room was clean, and little touches like bathrobes, electrical diffuser, mini fridge were all a bonus. We had our little dog and all the staff talked and stroked her. The breakfast and evening dinner were a joy to look forward to - the food was excellent. This hotel comes highly recommended from a person who travels frequently with her pet. Can't think of anything I did not like or would change. Everything was perfect and despite a broken bone in foot, our holiday was most enjoyable.

Reviewed 21 June 2009

I would like to start this review by saying that the hotel is pleasant, clean and very well situated for all amenities and activities that the Forest has to offer. Usually I would expect a noisy hotel if set on a main road, but the Ormonde House Hotel is set well back from the roadside and has a car park at the front with sufficient spaces for all guests.

My husband and I were upgraded to an apartment (Linwood 5), this was arranged by the hotel before we travelled .. to accommodate an unlucky resident who had broken her leg! On arrival we were shown to our apartment by a very helpful and friendly young lady., who I feel is a credit to the hotel and should be commended for her high level of customer care and friendliness.

The apartment had beautiful flowering gardens and a parking space on the driveway. We also found a complimentary bottle of Champagne chilling for us, as a 'thank you' for being moved. a very unexpected touch that speaks volumes about the owners of this hotel and how they treat their patrons.

We were overwhelmed with the cleanliness and efficiency of the apartment, with all the appliances you could wish for. The hotel had left a range of complimentary items; laundry detergents, a brimming coffee/tea tray, breakfast cereals and preserves, fresh milk, toiletries, sewing kit, etc. We were also pleased to find local information as well as some latest magazines.

The bed was very comfortable and super huge! Comfortable linens, that were fresh every day! A real treat. The patio doors opened to a lovely seating area surrounded by plants and flowers... a nice secluded spot.

The sofa in the room was very comfortable. The TV is a great size although Freeview would've been good and a DVD would've been the cherry on the icing on the cake!

The bathroom was lovely with a large whirlpool bath that felt wonderful to relax in after a day full of tourist activity! The toiletries were pleasant and the towels were fresh every day and kept on a heated towel rail. (n.b. take a flannel!)

The breakfast was delicious and served beautifully by very pleasant young ladies who seemed only too happy to help. The food was lovely and if I had had enough room after such a hearty breakfast, I feel that I could have asked for more. My only request would be to be allowed a slightly later breakfast on a Sunday, but even so, 9.30 is not that early!

Checkout was efficient and again we were treated well and wished a good journey home.

My husband and I feel that would like to return to th Ormonde and will recommend this hotel to relatives and friends.

Please understand that I am a fussy traveller and if there was somwething to find fault with... I would have found it. The Ormonde House Hotel is a real gem.

Reviewed 21 June 2009

This is a lovely Hotel, conservatory and gardens very pleasant. Staff, food, service excellent, our little dog, Mollie, a Westie, was well looked after .

Reviewed 17 September 2008

We booked for 1 night (sunday night) initially and paid for this at the time of booking, we then decided that we would like to extend our stay and phoned to see if we could book an additional night (saturday night) - we were informed that we could but we would have to have a different room (which was fine with us, even though it was the most expensive room they had). When booking for the additional night I tried to pay for it on my card and was told this was not necessary and that we could pay for it when we arrived.
When we arrived however we were informed that they had no record of our booking for the saturday night and because we did not have written confirmation they refused to accept responsibility. This left us stranded - we have driven for 3 hours to get there just to be told they had given our room to someone else and they had no other rooms to give us.
The only help they gave was to give us the name of a hotel that did have a room at an additional cost to ourselves of £144 (just for 1 night).
When we went back to the Ormonde for the night they had booked us in for, the room we were given at a cost of £100 felt damp and was not what I would class as a superior room.
I would definitely not recommend this hotel, and if you do book make sure you get EVERYTHING in writing!! On a better note, the New Forest is an absolutely lovely place and I would recommend going there but staying somewhere different.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank NicJane1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndhurst
The Crown Manor House Hotel
3 mi away
Bartley Lodge Hotel
Bartley Lodge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cadnam

Been to Ormonde House Hotel? Share your experiences!