The White Rabbit
Ormonde House Hotel(Lyndhurst)(Great Value!)
US$161
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Lime Wood Hotel(Lyndhurst)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssunday roastnew foresthigh streetmushroomsforrestpubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I chose this restaurant for a nice evening meal as I have previously visited the Ascot branch and had fantastic food. What a difference! The main meal was delivered in 20 minutes and from the outset I could see that it had been microwaved. We struggled through the food. My partners beef was full of gristle and had little meat on the bone. We spoke to the manager at the end to complain and was dealt with in a professional and apologetic manner. Full credit to the manager when explaining the situation. Head Office.... Sit up and take note what the customers say! We had to go and have another meal at another local restaurant as both left hungry!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The White Rabbit, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Cooperclubman,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the White Rabbit in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The service was poor, breakfast was awful and didn't include the items advertised.
Both continental and cooked element was poor. Bathroom smelt of drains.
Over priced! It was also on a road that regularly takes 25 mins to travel 3 miles, not what you want when you think you have nearly arrived after a long journey.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The White Rabbit, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear Rachel W,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the White Rabbit Inn in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We ate here en route to a campsite in the New Forest. It looked like a good spot from outside and the service was good on arrival. The food arrived very promptly upon ordering, almost too promptly. All meals were disgusting. Over cooked salmon, what appeared to be re- heated scampi and a very dodgy fish pie (resulting in stomach cramps one hour later) amongst them. We felt very sorry for the serving staff who were very helpful and polite. The head waitress did not charge us for any of the food once the standard was pointed out to her. Very frustrating really as it cold be such a lovely venue.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed here for one night whilst taking in The New Forest. Ideal location, Lyndhurst is lovely, would recommend Peggy May's cafe for breakfast or cup of tea. Would also recommend hiring a bike from AA bike hire in the car park of the visitor centre. The chap there gives great advice on where to cycle and provides you with all you need for a good day out.

Anyway as for the hotel, we had a friendly welcome from the lad working on the bar (was fairly quiet being a Sunday afternoon). He checked us in and walked us to our room. We noticed some exposed wires in the bathroom next to the shower so requested a move which was done very quickly with no fuss.

The second room was much bigger, but windows opened out on to the roof which had a huge fan/generator which was very noisy. It was a very warm evening which meant we had to choose between being cool but with noise or less noise but a stuffy room, neither were ideal.

The following morning we were awoken by more noise with some drilling seeming taking place on the wall directly behind the bed. When I mentioned this to the lady who we checked out with she simply said "sorry".

The staff one the Sunday night were great, especially the two lads (one being the manager I believe) and one girl on the bar.

Overall I would recommend the hotel based on location, staff, price and the food which was ok (standard pub food level).

I would strongly recommend you check out the room before unpacking or heading off, or at least take a fan and or ear muffs if you end up in the room we stayed in (can't remember number sorry!!)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2013

On paying ninety one pounds for bed and breakfast we went to room 15 which was dark dismal and had a grubby carpet. At the side of the bed there was a door with tape stuck over a keyhole, we didnt think much of it and decided to have an early night after a very long day. At about midnight we were awoken by what we thought were people entering our room only to discover the voices were coming from behind the door at the side of the bed,we couldnt believe our ears as we heard private conversations and people performing their nightly ablutions. I had to get dressed at 12.15am to go and see the night manager to tell him that it sounded like we were sharing a bedroom with two strangers when Itold him we were in room 15 he knew immediately and by his face I could tell it wasnt the first time he had heard this complaint. He was extremely polite and offered us a full refund,however it was about 2am by the time we got to sleep. The poor people behind the door oblivious to the end as we managed to sign language till checkout . Disgusted by the nights activities we didnt stop for breakfast. Please dont say you will discuss this with the management team you must have known about this particular problem .the door should be bricked up or just be used as one room. How about some goodwill vouchers for some of your disgruntled customers.

Room Tip: Dont book into room 15
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank janicet23
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The White Rabbit, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear janicet23,