The White Rabbit
Ormonde House Hotel(Lyndhurst)(Great Value!)
US$161
  • Pool
Woodlands Lodge Hotel(Woodlands)
New Park Manor(Brockenhurst)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssunday roastnew foresthigh streetmushroomsforrestpubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

After going to the white rabbit last year and it being lovely, me and my boyfriend decided to go out to lyndhurst for a nice lunch. However we are thoroughly disappointed with the service. Main meals coming out 10 minutes after each other no presentation or attention to detail. My meal was cold, plus my boyfriends meal had certain parts of the dish missing. There was 5 people in the restarant with us who also complained after all our meals came out after waiting for 40 minutes! Our final was the desert which was a creme brûlée which was frozen still In the middle! There was no excuses for this they had plenty of staff and not very many people in the restarants. For the price you pay here it isn't worth in walking in the front door! So disappointed

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jadebristow
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The White Rabbit, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Jadebristow

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the White Rabbit with regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and were very pleased with the room. It was clean, spacious, had a lovely bathroom and comfy bed. The staff were helpful and friendly. The location is convenient for getting about in the new forest and into Lyndhurst. The pub/restaurant lacked atmosphere and the food wasn't great but it's only a short walk into town for better dining.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Lovely good size, clean room but unfortunately had an adjoining door to another room which meant that we could here everything. Luckily that room was only occupied one night out of the 3 we there. Was woken at 7am on Sunday morning by them talking and laughing and having a conversation about football.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed for three nights 7 - 9th March. We were given room 16 which is one with a joining door into the next room. No problem Friday or Sunday night, Saturday night room 15 was occupied and I can confirm that everything that happens in that room is clearly audible and therefore everything we said audible to them. Just what you want at 7am on a Sunday morning, a loud conversation followed by slamming of a door.

Saturday's meal was quite good apart from one point, seared scallops should have a bit of texture and colour? i.e. seared.

The ongoing real ale festival that's advertised, where were the ales? Doom Bar (not a favourite) and a very tired Brakspear Oxford Gold, no point asking for CAMRA discount.

Lyndhurst we'll return to but we'll avoid the White Rabbit.

Spirit P. I've read your cut and paste standard reply already in four other reviews so to save you the trouble I'll add it for you...

"Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the White Rabbit in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further. "

Room Tip: Rooms elsewhere are preferable.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John D
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed here on the 14 th and 15 th feb .The room was basic and the tv lost signal frequently .
The breakfast area was sticky and glasses and cups not fully cleaned ....
But what was worse was that a poster advertised a stay of 14 th feb at £34 including breakfast we paid £109 for that night !
All very basic for the money paid

• Stayed: February 2014