“A great place to stay”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Lyndhurst
Burton, United Kingdom
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff , Kate and leanne are fab always willing to help. Food is buet and the pub and bar are brill. My rooms are always lovely. Could do with a bit of redecorating but always clean and tidy. Always to made feel welcome.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank wmjsmith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of nights last month and this place was not my first choice but everything else was booked.
Nice looking establishment gave me hope that I had made a good choice.
Bit worried on the way down from London though as a half dozen phone calls had gone unanswered.
I queried this on arrival to be told "they had been busy!!!"
Anyway up to the barely adequate space they called my room to find a bed that had seen better days and a room cleaned by Stevie Wonder.
It was late on a Sunday and I needed to be up at four am so couldn't be bothered to ask for another room.
Had something to eat on return which I enjoyed and had no complaints about.
(Although they only had myself to deal with at 4 in the afternoon so were under zero pressure. )
I had mentioned the slow drain from sink and shower also the loose toilet seat but should have been more vociferous about the cleaning. (or lack of)
You do get what you pay for in my opinion and this place was cheap, but I would still liked to have had a spotles room.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris S
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

went to the new forest on the 4th of may , and thought would grab a bite to eat and the white rabbit looks nice from the outside , but once your inside the waiting game begins. after waiting twenty minutes for a table in a half empty restaurant, we were given the menus, and given about a minute to make our decision , we asked for a few more minutes which somehow was interpreted by the waitress to never return , after fifty minutes of waiting we finally ordered, this was after the staff had seen us sitting there and would not come over or acknowledge us, we tried to get the attention but it seemed they were more interested in talking to one another.

I would love to be able to comment on the food however our food never arrived, and after the table next to us showed us the fly that was in their burger , we cancelled our order as it had been 40 minutes for a basic dish and the hygiene levels did not seem to great.

even when attending the bar it would take time for staff to appear.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jamie L
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The White Rabbit, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Jamie L

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the White Rabbit with regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer

Travellers are raving about these Lyndhurst hotels

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

After going to the white rabbit last year and it being lovely, me and my boyfriend decided to go out to lyndhurst for a nice lunch. However we are thoroughly disappointed with the service. Main meals coming out 10 minutes after each other no presentation or attention to detail. My meal was cold, plus my boyfriends meal had certain parts of the dish missing. There was 5 people in the restarant with us who also complained after all our meals came out after waiting for 40 minutes! Our final was the desert which was a creme brûlée which was frozen still In the middle! There was no excuses for this they had plenty of staff and not very many people in the restarants. For the price you pay here it isn't worth in walking in the front door! So disappointed

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Jadebristow
Dear Jadebristow

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and were very pleased with the room. It was clean, spacious, had a lovely bathroom and comfy bed. The staff were helpful and friendly. The location is convenient for getting about in the new forest and into Lyndhurst. The pub/restaurant lacked atmosphere and the food wasn't great but it's only a short walk into town for better dining.

• Stayed March 2014
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Lovely good size, clean room but unfortunately had an adjoining door to another room which meant that we could here everything. Luckily that room was only occupied one night out of the 3 we there. Was woken at 7am on Sunday morning by them talking and laughing and having a conversation about football.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed for three nights 7 - 9th March. We were given room 16 which is one with a joining door into the next room. No problem Friday or Sunday night, Saturday night room 15 was occupied and I can confirm that everything that happens in that room is clearly audible and therefore everything we said audible to them. Just what you want at 7am on a Sunday morning, a loud conversation followed by slamming of a door.

Saturday's meal was quite good apart from one point, seared scallops should have a bit of texture and colour? i.e. seared.

The ongoing real ale festival that's advertised, where were the ales? Doom Bar (not a favourite) and a very tired Brakspear Oxford Gold, no point asking for CAMRA discount.

Lyndhurst we'll return to but we'll avoid the White Rabbit.

Spirit P. I've read your cut and paste standard reply already in four other reviews so to save you the trouble I'll add it for you...

"Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the White Rabbit in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further. "

Room Tip: Rooms elsewhere are preferable.