“Over priced”
Review of The White Rabbit

The White Rabbit
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Lyndhurst
Reviewed 20 May 2014

we use to come here a lot before when it was the mill house , we were passing after a lovely day out thought we would pop in but was disappointed . Placed our order half of it arrived then few moments later our main arrived which was totally wrong , then meal arrived was disappointed wasn't worth what we payed a tiny slice of brown bread meant to be a bloomer won't be returning

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Mimibelles

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We spent 2 nights here, excellent location, nice room but the bathroom was not completely clean, the soap dispenser was empty in the shower and looked like someone had been there before and did not clean properly after it; however the breakfast was really nice and the lady in ther was really lovely and helpful, also the food is good in the pub and they have good prices.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff , Kate and leanne are fab always willing to help. Food is buet and the pub and bar are brill. My rooms are always lovely. Could do with a bit of redecorating but always clean and tidy. Always to made feel welcome.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank wmjsmith
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of nights last month and this place was not my first choice but everything else was booked.
Nice looking establishment gave me hope that I had made a good choice.
Bit worried on the way down from London though as a half dozen phone calls had gone unanswered.
I queried this on arrival to be told "they had been busy!!!"
Anyway up to the barely adequate space they called my room to find a bed that had seen better days and a room cleaned by Stevie Wonder.
It was late on a Sunday and I needed to be up at four am so couldn't be bothered to ask for another room.
Had something to eat on return which I enjoyed and had no complaints about.
(Although they only had myself to deal with at 4 in the afternoon so were under zero pressure. )
I had mentioned the slow drain from sink and shower also the loose toilet seat but should have been more vociferous about the cleaning. (or lack of)
You do get what you pay for in my opinion and this place was cheap, but I would still liked to have had a spotles room.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 6 May 2014

went to the new forest on the 4th of may , and thought would grab a bite to eat and the white rabbit looks nice from the outside , but once your inside the waiting game begins. after waiting twenty minutes for a table in a half empty restaurant, we were given the menus, and given about a minute to make our decision , we asked for a few more minutes which somehow was interpreted by the waitress to never return , after fifty minutes of waiting we finally ordered, this was after the staff had seen us sitting there and would not come over or acknowledge us, we tried to get the attention but it seemed they were more interested in talking to one another.

I would love to be able to comment on the food however our food never arrived, and after the table next to us showed us the fly that was in their burger , we cancelled our order as it had been 40 minutes for a basic dish and the hygiene levels did not seem to great.

even when attending the bar it would take time for staff to appear.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jamie L
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The White Rabbit, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Jamie L

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the White Rabbit with regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

After going to the white rabbit last year and it being lovely, me and my boyfriend decided to go out to lyndhurst for a nice lunch. However we are thoroughly disappointed with the service. Main meals coming out 10 minutes after each other no presentation or attention to detail. My meal was cold, plus my boyfriends meal had certain parts of the dish missing. There was 5 people in the restarant with us who also complained after all our meals came out after waiting for 40 minutes! Our final was the desert which was a creme brûlée which was frozen still In the middle! There was no excuses for this they had plenty of staff and not very many people in the restarants. For the price you pay here it isn't worth in walking in the front door! So disappointed

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jadebristow

Dear Jadebristow

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights and were very pleased with the room. It was clean, spacious, had a lovely bathroom and comfy bed. The staff were helpful and friendly. The location is convenient for getting about in the new forest and into Lyndhurst. The pub/restaurant lacked atmosphere and the food wasn't great but it's only a short walk into town for better dining.

• Stayed: March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndhurst
The Crown Manor House Hotel
Forest Park Hotel
Forest Park Hotel
#10 of 10 in Brockenhurst
Macdonald Elmers Court Hotel & Resort

Been to The White Rabbit? Share your experiences!