We stayed at Whitemoor for one night, during a weekend in the New Forest. When we arrived we were welcomed warmly and offered tea and cake, which was served in the guest lounge overlooking the garden. The room was excellent, spotlessly clean, with a very comfy double bed, an excellent view and a bag of homemade fudge on the pillow. There was a very well priced mini bar on the landing where a local bitter could be had for £2.50.
The breakfast was excellent and the hosts superb, even offering to drive us to our dinner venue in the evening as it was a little way from the town. Can't recommend enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- David and Jayne are delighted to welcome you to Whitemoor House and will endeavour to make your stay a pleasurable experience. Book direct with us for the most uptodate availability and to discuss your individual requirements. Whitemoor House overlooks the open New Forest, and a policy of continual refurbishment ensures a high standard of accommodation is maintained. Well appointed rooms offer comfort and style, with double, twin and romantic four poster beds for that special occasion (champagne, chocolates, flowers and strawberries can be arranged on request). Our hearty breakfasts are cooked using only the finest local produce, from farmhouse sausages, dry cured bacon, free range eggs to scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. There is also an extensive choice of cereals, fruits and yogurts to start with. We make our own marmalade, jam, lemon curd, granola and welcome cake. We provide well stocked mini bars, a cosy lounge with real fires for those winter months, a sunny garden for warmer days, an extensive library of maps, guide books, DVDs and board games plus complimentary Wi-Fi in each room. Your comfort and enjoyment during your visit is our top priority. Lyndhurst village centre is just 7-8 minutes stroll away and has an excellent selection of restaurants, pubs and tea/coffee shops. Just across the road is direct access to the open forest, beautiful walks and close encounters with ponies, donkeys and cattle! Cycle hire is available in Lyndhurst, with several well-marked tracks to choose from. The unique New Forest Golf Club is a short walk from here and offers beneficial rates to our residents. With over 45 attractions including Beaulieu (the home of Lord Montague and The National Motor Museum), Eling Tide Mill, Hurst Castle and the New Forest Wildlife Park, Whitemoor House, with its central location, is a great place to stay in the New Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Whitemoor House B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whitemoor House Hotel Lyndhurst
- Whitemoor House B&B Lyndhurst, New Forest