“Out stay at Avonmead House”
Review of Avonmead House

Avonmead House
Ranked #8 of 21 Ringwood B&B and Inns
“Out stay at Avonmead House”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We are always made so welcome when staying at Avonmead House. Chrissie and Julian are wonderful hosts. The rooms are of the highest standard and no one can even come near to the way Chrissies cooks and serves breakfast!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Staying at Avonmead House has been an absolutely amazing and thoroughly enjoyed experience. The hosts, Chrissie and Julian, were kind, helpful and extremely caring. Chrissie's skills in the kitchen were phenomenal and the breakfasts were always something to look forward to and a great start to each and every day. I do find myself wishing I could still have the Avonmead House full English Breakfast every morning, just thinking about it is enough to make me hungry! Julian was even kind enough to take time out on his day off and give us a lift down the road which was very much appreciated. I mustn't forget to talk about Bailey, who was an absolute joy to be around.

The bedroom I stayed in was large, well thought out, well furnished and very comfortable. The en-suite bathroom was well lit, spotless and provided all the essentials.

Being a short walk from Ringwood town, neighbouring the New Forest and a scenic bus ride to nearby Bournemouth and Salisbury, the location of Avonmead House is convenient and another great reason to stay here.

I could go on forever talking about the wonderful qualities about this amazing Bed and Breakfast but in lieu of doing so, I strongly suggest you go and find out for yourself. Make sure you plan Avonmead House into your next trip. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: All are excellent.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hong Kong
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I am so glad that my travels have taken me to the home of Chrissie and Julian who were the most wonderful accommodating hosts anyone could hope for. I usually opt for hotels on many of my travels but I am so glad that this time I chose to stay at Avonmead House.

My room had all the comforts of home and even more so as I had a choice of teas and coffee, and a cookie when I returned in the evening. This made my time at 'home' even more enjoyable. I even got time to enjoy watching some episodes of CSI. There were also many small touches in the room, bathroom and breakfast room that added to the warmth and wonder of this home.

Many have written about the breakfasts and yes they are so true. Wonderful and varied. We had different fresh fruits daily, yoghurt, cereal and cooked breakfast. The English breakfast was as amazing as the salmon on scrambled eggs; and the poached eggs were also just as delicious. Of course, not a good idea to be eating all that every day! What amazed me is that Chrissie made breakfast so quickly, as if by magic. Maybe it is that Ringwood wonderful air..... A marvelous home for a visit to a magical place.

I hope to visit as often as my neighbours Gwen and Pen...

Thank you Chrissie and Julian. You have a beautiful home and I am so thankful that you share it!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

A very good B & B. A very good place to stay if visiting Ringwood plenty to see and do. The rooms were spotless and the breakfast was to die for! We will definitely be returning for another short stay. You would not be disappointed if you stayed here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cathyferris
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Wonderful B&B. My partner and I decided to stay here when we visited the Ringwood brewery and it was a warm, friendly & welcoming place, the breakfast was delicious and the room was lovely and cosy. The location is great, it is only a short walk into Ringwood town. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charlotte J
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed here for the August Bank Holiday.

Pleasantly surprised from the start... the rooms were immaculately clean, hosts were warm & welcoming - added bonus was the lovely cooked breakfasts.

We will be returning.

Chrissie & Julian, thank you for making our break extra-special.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 19AS
Brit in Spain
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We only stayed here 1 night as it was a quick stop-off after a flight into Bournemouth Airport but would definitely recommend Avonmead House for a longer stay.
There's plenty of off-road car parking, and the buildings outside appearance doesn't deceive the cosy, very clean interior. Our bedroom was spacious and well equipped with tea and coffee making facilities.
The breakfast room was nicely laid out with a good choice of cereals, juices, yogurts and fruit before your cooked breakfast of choice which was very nice indeed using local produce.
You will not be disappointed if you stay here.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back will be quieter
Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MatureTravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ringwood
original white hart
#5 of 21 in Ringwood
Little Forest Lodge
Little Forest Lodge
#2 of 21 in Ringwood

Been to Avonmead House? Share your experiences!