“High Corner Inn excellent place to stay”
Review of High Corner Inn

High Corner Inn
Ranked #3 of 21 Ringwood B&B and Inns
Woking, United Kingdom
“High Corner Inn excellent place to stay”
Reviewed 17 March 2011

What a wonderful find High Corner Inn hidden in the New Forest.A wonderful welcome when we arrived by friendly staff.The room was amazing,beautifully furnished and comfortable.We ate dinner in the restaurant ,which was excellent.We would certainly return and recommend to friends.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Carshalton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Fantastic place. Food was amazing, staff were polite and welcoming. Room lovely and clean. Could not fault one single thing.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Santiago Atitlan, Guatemala
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Having had a tough time recently I needed to get away from it all and this hotel sorted me out. Feels really out of the way and secluded in the heart of the forest but is not at all difficult to find (and I say that as someone who has the navigational skills of a pot plant). Cute on the outside and cute on the inside. The bedroom was clean, cosy and had an awesome bath; it was gigantic. Bring some bubbles (to drink and soak in) and luxuriate whilst washing off the mud of a good, winter walk. The enthusiastic but not overbearing staff made us feel really welcome, they're smiling and helpful at any time of day. We got a special deal so amazing value but I think I'd willingly pay more to go back.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2010

We were celebrating an anniversary & getting away from some recent stressful situations. We were made very welcome by the friendly staff on a very cold night. Our meal was lovely, well kept beer! Our room was cosy and very warm; the bathroom clean & modern. Breakfast was excellent, with great coffee.
All in all a very pleasant stay - finished with a lovely drive through the forest which was even more beautiful because of the frost in all the trees!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the High Corner Inn for two nights as we wanted to have a short break away from London - the reviews looked good and we were so happy with our choice when we got there.
The room was cosy and traditional, but with a really lovely new bathroom. The location is perfect as we could just wander straight out for a walk in the forest, which was beautiful. Be wary of sat nav/Google map routes when trying to find the High Corner Inn as they make the journey look slightly longer than it is, but we just spotted the fairly obvious High Corner Inn sign and pulled in rather than going all the way round!!
We ate at the Inn both nights of our stay because on the first night the food was so nice. They serve really tasty pub food, in huge portions. I was confused by one of the reviews below as food was served until 9pm while we were staying and the staff were really flexible when a group came in just before 9pm, and made sure they all got what they wanted.
I think most importantly the staff were really friendly and made us feel very welcome - we just both felt comfortable as soon as we arrived and were sad to leave. We'll definitely be back when we can make it!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Southampton
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I recently took my other half here for a birthday meal and stay in the New Forest. We both really like old quaint little places with lots of character and history so when we looked at the photos of this place thought it looked ideal. This... I think was where we were a bit disappointed.
Getting there my sat nav took me a longer route which meant a tonne of pot holes and lots of laughing from us both! We were in hysterics about where we'd managed to book! We decided to call the place up to check we were on the right route and the person on the phone was quite off initially and then told us to continue. He asked if we were eating and I said yes (it was 19:40 by this point and we were a couple of minutes off... we understood they served food up until 20:00) and he told us we'd best hurry as the kitchen was closing. To be honest I was a little bit put out by this - I had spoken to them a few days before saying we would arrive late in the day and they said this wasn't a problem and were very welcoming, but it all felt like it was to get a booking now - they didn't seem that bothered on the phone call.

Anyway, when we arrived I realised it was quite a modern place - despite having a conversation on the phone with the runners of the Inn and explaining our tastes they hadn't mentioned this. We were instantly rushed to get a meal (it was 19:45 by this point) and when I said "Can I put it on the room tab" the chap was confused and didn't seem to know who we were. It turns out they hadn't put our names down which was surprising, but then he was very pleasant to talk to after that. The food was lovely - I have a blue steak and it was done to perfection! Massive portions too, I was absolutely stuffed!

We were shown to our room (Rosewood) and it was in a modern building again - something I hadn't expected. The room itself was quite small as was the bed but it was very comfortable indeed. There were a couple of stains on the covers though which I wasn't particularly nice. The shower room was a nice size. We slept very comfortably, really lovely bed.

In the morning we had a shower and it was absolutely gorgeous at first but then the water ran luke warm and no matter what we did it wouldn't get warm again. The shower gels and shampoo were really lovely!

We had to leave relatively early due to having to get to a course and unfortunately they would not serve breakfast until 8:30 (by which time we had left). When I asked on the phone if they would be able to do half an hour earlier it was quite a straight no too... not particularly a flexible unit.

All in all it wasn't a bad stay. Had I been expecting a modern Inn then it would have been a mediocre place to stay. I wasn't impressed with the treatment as such - very unflexible. Other places I have been to have been much more accommodating, especially on birthdays - always willing to make it a special stay. Considering I had described what I was looking for in a stay they certainly didn't warn me that this place was the complete opposite!

I can understand why some people would like this place. Monies wise if you book through them on a Sunday night at the moment it's £60 for a room including breakfast (remember, 8:30 breakky only though!) I certainly one hundred percent would not expect to pay a penny more for this place and that particular room.

Disappointed but you can't win them all :)

Basic, mediocre stay. If you were looking for something more romantic or special and quirky I would advise looking elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pheebeh
St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2010

I have been going to High corner inn now for around 4years sometimes twice a year, and every time has been just as good as the last! Great walks from the Pub with stuning views over the heath. One year whilst walking the dog just after dawn on the heath we saw a large stag, an awsome sight. The rooms are very good and comfortable. This year we took our 10 month old son with us and were catered for extremely well. I think this place is a little gem and credit to the staff for making it feel cosy and welcoming.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ringwood
Burley Manor
The Crown Manor House Hotel
Little Forest Lodge
Little Forest Lodge
#2 of 21 in Ringwood

Been to High Corner Inn? Share your experiences!