We have just returned from 2 nights in the High Corner Inn. The trip was a gift for my husband, but like the previous reviewer, I have been left incredibly disappointed. When we arrived at the pub there was not 1 member of staff around - we walked round the pub and ended sitting and waiting 10 minutes before someone appeared. We were not shown to our room - instead directed up a flight of stairs. On arriving in the room, the smell coming from it was over-powering. Exactly the same as the previous reviewer - like rotten cabbages or drains. When we complained to the member of staff he gave us a bottle of air freshner....
After a day of walking on Saturday we returned to our room for a bath - there was no hot water. The food during our stay was reasonable and the staff were very pleasant, but I have no idea how this place can be described as 'luxurious'. They are dog-friendly - which was the main reason I picked it - and the location is lovely, but the rooms just aren't up to scratch.
A hugely disappointing stay - I wouldn't go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The High Corner Inn is located in the Beautiful New Forest. The pub and hotel is a magical place full of wild ponies amazing walks and beautiful birds of pray, We also have a out door children play area and a beautiful garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your High Corner Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- High Corner Hotel Ringwood
- High Corner Inn New Forest/Ringwood