“Stayed twice. Both terrible experiences!”

original white hart
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ringwood
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Stayed twice. Both terrible experiences!”
Reviewed 8 August 2011

The sheets were really dirty. The toilet lights were not working. The room lighting was poor so the sheets looked cleaner than they actually were. On taking a closer look - hair here and there (looked like pubes) and I was shocked to see stains!!

I informed room service and they came up to investigate...She scratched the stains with her nails and went, 'Oh that's a tear'....?&*^%???!! - Denial! She ignored the pubes...

The room I stayed in had no double glazing and the toilet lights were out! The room was next to the road as well. Earplugs were provided. This happened during my second stay.

The first time I stayed there, I requested a late check out before booking and they agreed for 12:00. However, after check out time, the lady who was supposed to clean the room just opened the door and was like -sorry!

After about 5 minutes her friend knocked on the door. She looked really irritated. She asked me to leave the room by 12:00 ( she was rude). I didn't feel comfortable after that, so I just left at 11:30

The only reason I went back the second time was because the one next door was full.

On the flip side, the breakfast was good and I also liked the Neutronagena shower gel and shampoo.

Room Tip: The room I stayed in had no double glazing and the toilet lights were out! It was next to the room a...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank rhonn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I like to think I'm quite fair and honest with my reviews. So here goes:
On entry to the pub, the reception was closed. No big deal as someone from the bar opened it up as soon as I say I was coming to stay.
I have no offer to carry my bags by the 3 staff talking in the bar.
The room was down what another reviewer classed as an alley way, and I would imagine that this is how it appears in the night, especially when no one walks you to the room, the room doors are outside, to the back of the hotel near the car park.
The room was beautifully decorated, the bathroom was clean the room was clean. I had a kettle, 3 tea bags, 1 hot chocolate sachet, 1 coffee sachet, 3 milk cartons (I would have liked more), and 1 open pack of biscuits with one missing and one stale one left over. It didn't look as though it had been replenished. But the nice room, and nice flat screen tv made up for it.
There were towels in the room and a hairdryer. As the room is very compact there is no chair to sit at the dressing table, you simply sit at the end of the bed. No big deal. I wasn't here for a party.
The evening was noisey. One car beeping it's horn at 1030, one couple arguing at around 1130 and more noise, but fell back to sleep after shoving tissue in my ears. I woke in the morning to notice 'Complimentary earplugs'. I'll post a photo for you to see it to believe it. They obviously have problems with noise here. Even the local business I attended was shocked I was staying here. To be honest, if you can sleep with earplugs in or are a heavy sleeper, this is a great little room to stay in.
The breakfast wasn't amazing, and I was a bit dissappointed with the deep fried mushrooms and the deep fried sausage. The eggs were great. They were all too hot to eat, however, the toast was stone cold, the butter didn't even melt. Hope that helps you decide...

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms only
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Hants
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Stayed here for one night in one of the rooms on the back annexe which was adequate for the money paid but overlooks car park and smokers standing outside for a cigarette. The staff were ok although a little on the unfriendly side but our worst grip was the food, it is very reasonably priced but it should be edible which it was not. I had beef strogonoff from the specials board and it looked very unappetising, grey meat that looked as though it had been boiled (more than once), was not able to eat it and when mentioned this to the waitress as she cleared our plates she simply asked us if we would like her to fetch the manager which we declined.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
whitehartringwood, Manager at original white hart, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
Dear Trip advisor traveller.
I wasmost disapponted to hear of your comments and wish that you had insisted to speak to one of the management team regarding your problem with the food. I am sure that we could have rectified the problem and ensured that your stay was a pleasant one.We try to serve good quality food at all times , and can only aplogise for your disappointment
Regards
G Morris, manager
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2011

The bed is comfy, the bathroom is modern, the shower is powerful and hot. Breakfast pleasing, wonderful choice, cater for veggies, staff friendly. What more could you want? Stay here!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Happpppppppy
kefalonia
Reviewed 10 May 2011

booked in for 1 night, unfortunately hot water boiler had packed in, but was offered the facility of a hot shower in another room, stayed in room over the front of the building, overlooking the road, earplugs not needed, good nights sleep, absolutely cracking breakfast with very pleasant service, paid bill on leaving only to find they had reduced the bill because of the hot water situation, without a shadow of a doubt will definately stay here again, only sorry that we didnt eat here in the evening, because the selection on the blackboard looked very tempting, went out to meet friends and ate at a restaurant called alice lyles, absolute crap

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mskef17
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Booked in for sat/sun night on arriving mentioned breakfast time and that was it.
Had room on front over bar should have known ear plugs beside bed,room was ok if a little tired,bathroom no bath looked dirty would not use shower no ventilation working.
Room was stuffy choice between air or noise.Sat night was hell noise levels very high kebab shop oppositeand main road does not help.
Breakfast was good although service was slow.
returned sun evening no one on reception finaly got key ,night only slightly better,turned up for breakfast only to find we missed it no one had mentioned different times,no one was bothered paid ,packed ,left.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank paulg655
whitehartringwood, Manager at original white hart, responded to this review, 3 April 2011
We have recently taken over here The Original White Hart and take your comments seriously.
We hope to have rectified all the faults you mentioned and hope that the service and information given is far improved.

Travellers are raving about these Ringwood hotels

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Nice room in the annexe at the back of the pub. NIcely furnished and very clean. Smallish but functional. Good breakfast.
Camp bed provided for additional child, but wasn't made up when we arrived. So we had to chase that.
Otherwise, pleasant stay and value for money

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank sallyml
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ringwood
Burley Manor
#2 of 2 in St Leonards
St. Leonards Hotel
St. Leonards Hotel
#1 of 2 in St Leonards

Been to original white hart? Share your experiences!