original white hart
Burley Manor(Burley)
US$216
US$195
Moorhill House Hotel(Burley)(Great Value!)
US$175
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
St. Leonards Hotel(St Leonards)
US$137
Travelodge Ringwood(St Leonards)
US$99
Travelodge
US$99
PremierInn.com
Fisherman's Haunt Hotel(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$97
Village Hotel Bournemouth(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$126
Premier Inn Christchurch (East) Hotel(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$95
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Christchurch West Hotel(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$105
Rhinefield House Hotel(Brockenhurst)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnew forestsunday nightfamily roomone night stayshort stayvery pleasant staybreakfast was excellentnice pubfull englishbreakfast choicesbed and breakfastbiscuitsamandahairdryerstopoveralemattresses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2011

When I read the reviews on here, after my husband had booked the room, I was horrified and nearly cancelled the booking-I am so glad that I didn't! We have just spent two nights in a family room in the annex (seperate building at the back of the pub). The room wasn't the biggest in the world but it was warm, clean and modern, with the tea/coffee making facilities that we have all come to expect. There was a plentiful supply of very hot water, hairdryer, flat-screen t.v., clean white towels and lovely soap/shampoo/shower gel. The room's view was basically a brick wall across from a carpark access road but it wasn't really an issue, as you could not see much through the voile curtain and we were never promised a view. The breakast was great-you could basically have whatever you want, within reason! We ate in the pub on several occassions, as it was really good value for money and was rather tasty as well. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. We would not hesitate to use the hotel again . (The booking was made through a third party, rather than with the hotel directly, as we got a very good deal.)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Stayed here for two nights. Moved single bed so my son was closer to me and there was lots of rubbish and dirt under his bed.Bathroom needed a good clean as well, and regrouting and sealant replaced.
My partner went to the bar at 10.59pm to be told he could not purchase a diet coke for me as I wS in bed feeling poorly with a sore throat, they said it was policy for bar to close at 11.00pm and they could not even give a resident a soft drink, what did they want me to drink, the minging tap water from the dirty sink. I phoned down when my partner cone back from the bar and they could not careless in helping me.
Can't believe I now have to try and sleep with a sore throat feeling crap with no soft drink and loads of noise from down stairs and out side.
I wish I read reviews before I booked, would rather of paid £200 a night to stay in one of the nicer Hotels. AVOID........

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We stayed here in September booked by a friend of mine for a wedding. It really is a b&b over a pub which is fine and is not the reason for the poor review. The rooms are small and in fairness quite clean but they are old and worn. The bar itself is fine for a drink but the service element of the hotel is very low. The blond girl who cleans the rooms was very friendly but hardly another member of staff said hello to us for the duration of our stay. At breakfast I felt asking for a second cup of coffee was hassle the manager didn't need and there was no welcome feeling to my entire stay. I spoke to other members of the group we travelled with and they felt the same as we did. I would not go back to this hotel and while functionally as a place to rest your head you won't go far wrong as place to enjoy a stay I would try somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2011

The worst hotel I have ever stayed in. They need to clean!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I spent one night at the Original White Hart in Ringwood, and found it be extremely comfortable at a bargain price. To summarise:

THE GOOD
- It was £35!
- It was clean and although the room was small (it was an economy single), the space had been very well used
- Complimentary ear plugs - nice touch
- The staff were helpful and pleasant, despite how busy the pub below was
The breakfast was served quickly and was very nice...and you could have whatever you wanted, within reason! Excellent range in breakfast choices
- I forgot my toothpaste and they provided me with a tube free of charge
- I was right above the bar, and despite the occasional bit of noise from the street outside, I didn't find I was disturbed by rowdy customers. I was amazed I couldn't hear them actually, as it was one of the pub's busiest nights of the year, following the Ringwood Festival
- Nice toiletries in bathroom

THE NOT-SO-GOOD

- I had to fight my way through a packed bar with bags etc, as there isn't a separate entrance to the B&B accommodation
- The bedside lamp didn't work, nor did the bathroom light over the mirror
- The 'do not disturb' sign was damaged and so couldn't be used
- I could only get 3 channels on the television, despite them advertising freeview in every room, and couldn't get free wi-fi either

I would definitely return to this B&B, but only really to rest my head. It was perfect on this occasion for what I needed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business