“Most enjoyable over night stay.”

original white hart
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ringwood
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I stayed at the original white hart I found it to be value for money, I had a family room two adults two children the beds were made with crisp white sheets the room was clean, the bathroom was clean it did have some mould on the cealing but it was very clean, the towels were white fluffy soft towels, overall it was comfortable and very clean. The food was also very good it was fresh and hot, the service was also very good, I would stay again the next time I visit family.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Clairejames1977

Reviewed 15 January 2012

I live locally and booked several rooms for visiting family and arranged a family meal here. Some of the Trip Advisor reviews were very negative so I popped down & checked the actual rooms out. All were extremely clean anf fresh with crisp white linen on the beds so we kept the bookings. The web site pictures don't do the rooms justice at all.
All family members were very pleased with the accomodation, the rooms were initially cold but warmed up straight away once the heating was turned on. Everyone agreed that they were extremely comfortable.
Our family meal (for 18) was done in a seperate room from the bar & we didn't need to pre-order, just pick straight from the menu. The food is standard pub grub but hot & swiftly served up. All happy.
I popped back to see them all in the morning - the full English breakfast looked lovely although I didn't have any. There was also cereal, pastries & fruit on offer.
Apparently it was a little noisy outside so maybe request a room at the back but otherwise this was excellent value for a town centre hotel.
The staff were extremely flexible letting me bring in my own champagne & cake.
I would say book this hotel without worries. I stay away a lot & wish everywhere paid as much attention to detail as here.

Room Tip: Ask for the four poster room but if you want peace and quiet request a room in the lodge at the back...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Me & my husband stayed here this weekend and it was really lovely. When we arrived we were greeted warmly on arrival. When arriving in our room it was clean and pleasentIly presentable. The bathroom was spotless and the toilet very clean. The bed very comfortable, the bedding was white crisp clean sheets. If I was to be extraordinarily picking I had the small problem of getting the wardrobe door fully open in room 4 but this wasn't a big issue in my book. The other small issue was the hairdryer didn't work but I had my own travel hairdryer. The window in the bathroom vibrated when there was a gust of wind during the night but wasn't a problematic. The breakfast was one of the best breakfasts I've had and I have lived and travelled the world and I got to say this was the nicest, there was even a tv on the wall so you could watch the morning news, these touches was homely. Staff were polite hardworking at all times. Now from what I understand this inn has been recently taken over and I have to say the management worked tirelessly to looked after the running of the bar and inn. Yes there will always be small teething troubles when new management arrive as they tirelessly put things right and carrying on there hard work this is going to have 100% reviews I'm sure. Well done to all the team of the original white hart. Jackie

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Spleen2000
Reviewed 29 October 2011

When I read the reviews on here, after my husband had booked the room, I was horrified and nearly cancelled the booking-I am so glad that I didn't! We have just spent two nights in a family room in the annex (seperate building at the back of the pub). The room wasn't the biggest in the world but it was warm, clean and modern, with the tea/coffee making facilities that we have all come to expect. There was a plentiful supply of very hot water, hairdryer, flat-screen t.v., clean white towels and lovely soap/shampoo/shower gel. The room's view was basically a brick wall across from a carpark access road but it wasn't really an issue, as you could not see much through the voile curtain and we were never promised a view. The breakast was great-you could basically have whatever you want, within reason! We ate in the pub on several occassions, as it was really good value for money and was rather tasty as well. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. We would not hesitate to use the hotel again . (The booking was made through a third party, rather than with the hotel directly, as we got a very good deal.)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Stayed here for two nights. Moved single bed so my son was closer to me and there was lots of rubbish and dirt under his bed.Bathroom needed a good clean as well, and regrouting and sealant replaced.
My partner went to the bar at 10.59pm to be told he could not purchase a diet coke for me as I wS in bed feeling poorly with a sore throat, they said it was policy for bar to close at 11.00pm and they could not even give a resident a soft drink, what did they want me to drink, the minging tap water from the dirty sink. I phoned down when my partner cone back from the bar and they could not careless in helping me.
Can't believe I now have to try and sleep with a sore throat feeling crap with no soft drink and loads of noise from down stairs and out side.
I wish I read reviews before I booked, would rather of paid £200 a night to stay in one of the nicer Hotels. AVOID........

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We stayed here in September booked by a friend of mine for a wedding. It really is a b&b over a pub which is fine and is not the reason for the poor review. The rooms are small and in fairness quite clean but they are old and worn. The bar itself is fine for a drink but the service element of the hotel is very low. The blond girl who cleans the rooms was very friendly but hardly another member of staff said hello to us for the duration of our stay. At breakfast I felt asking for a second cup of coffee was hassle the manager didn't need and there was no welcome feeling to my entire stay. I spoke to other members of the group we travelled with and they felt the same as we did. I would not go back to this hotel and while functionally as a place to rest your head you won't go far wrong as place to enjoy a stay I would try somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2011

The worst hotel I have ever stayed in. They need to clean!

• Stayed: September 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ringwood
Burley Manor
Eastclose Country House Hotel
Woodlands Lodge Hotel
Woodlands Lodge Hotel
#2 of 2 in Woodlands

Been to original white hart? Share your experiences!