“What you see is what you get”

and 1 more site!
original white hart
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ringwood
Worthing, United Kingdom
“What you see is what you get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

We stopped off quite late in the day and rooms in the area were hard to find but we were directed to this Inn and were quite happy to take almost the last room available. The service & value for money (both in terms of the room, bar and food) was very good, the room was fairly small but clean. Overal the bar and restaurant area where typical of a very old well used pub/bed and breakfast establishment. Don't expect the luxury of a five star hotel but as a value for money, friendly stopover this place was just what we needed.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alan M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Devizes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

After reading some of the reviews we were a little apprehensive about what we were going to get! Well we were pleasantly surprised. We booked two family rooms and both were very clean and comfortable. There were a few tired parts but generally we were very happy with the rooms. We were luck enough to be staying on one of the very few summy days of the summer and the rooms were very hot and the window wouldn't stay open and even if it had I think it would have been too noisy as the room over looked the market place.
The breakfast was excellant and very filling. Something for everyone - even the most fussy of children!
I would happily return to this hotel if we were staying in the area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the building especially if it's market day the next morning!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Portsmouth England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stayed for one night, what a mistake that was, we do not expect things to be perfect but we do expect at £49.95 a night, for our room to be clean, and to get a good nights sleep.

Upon arrival, the room was clean except for the carpet which had not seen the hoover since the previous guests left, biscuit crumbs, dust, and other items on the carpet.

Looking at the bathroom the shower basin base had come away from the rest of the unit showing a black gunge, what was that..

When we went to bed, we thought good sleep and off in the morning, it was not to be, our room was at the front of the building, and from 2230 until 0230 we were kept awake by people shouting and swearing outside our window, now we are not prudes but the language was a disgrace, and when I say shouting I mean shouting. We were in two minds to pack our bags and walk out. Surely the staff should try to stop this occuring and at least speak to the miscreants, we can not be the first to have suffered this.

We never complain when we are away, but on this occassion we did, and the lady behind the desk was apologetic up to a point, but it was regarded as one of those things and she would let the local PCSO know about it.

On the plus side the breakfast was very good, but it could not compensate for what we had had to put up with

Room Tip: Do NOT accept a room at the front of the building, if you have to take ear plugs and do not be offen...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Ringwood hotels

Cambridgeshire, UK.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

From outside the Original White Hart looks like a traditional inn, welcoming and full of customers enjoying a post work drink. i went to reception and was efficiently checked in, told where to park (I had parked on the road in front when there was a car park to the rear) given a parking sign to put in my car and informed about breakfast.
After driving my car round and I went to my room. Now, like most inns, this place has some rooms in the main building, above the pub. But it also has a detached block to the rear beside the car park with a few more rooms which was where mine was. The room I had was fitted with most things I would expect - double bed. modern TV, ensuite bathroom, desk, wardrobe, free bottle of mineral water, nice Neutrogena toiletries in the ensuite, kettle with tea/coffee/biscuits and the whole room was very clean. However, the room was small, It was smaller than hotel rooms I have used in Tokyo. There was enough room to walk around the bed on all sides, but if I had a few pieces of luggage, I would have struggled. The Original White Hart may have larger rooms in the main building, so it might be worth enquiring.
For me I was only here one night and wanted a good priced room, that was clean and tidy, which is what I got. The room also had a bit of a "US Motel" feel. Not in the room itself, just when I went in or left, as you come out into the car park, but that's not a major concern as the entrance to the main building is only a few yards away.
I went for a wander around Ringwood and the White Hart is centrally located, easy to walk to the other pubs or restaurants in the locale. After the walk I had a meal in the Inn bar. It was served quickly and was fine. The bar also had three of the local Ringwood brewery beers on, good for Real Ale fans!
I had a comfortable night in the room, the ensuite, by the way was a good size, not small. I had a cooked breakfast in the main building the next day which was served quickly and very good. Croissants, fruit, cereals, yogurt, tea, coffee and fruit juices are available too.
Overall I had a pleasant stay in the Inn, the staff were pleasant and helpful, next time I might enquire about a larger room, but overall I would recommend the Original White Hart in Ringwood as a place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank historyneverrepeats
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

Rather a scruffy old hotel desperately in need of renovation. The staff are nice enough but not overly helpful or friendly. The food in the restaurant was very basic and the breakfast less than ordinary. The room was ok. The beds were comfy and the room was spacious, no complaints over the bathroom, again quite spacious but the hand basin was useless, much too small.
It seemed as if they tried to give as much as they could within their budget but fell woefully short.
Altogether not a very nice experience and I for one will not be returning.I have had much better value for £50.00 per night.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Chiang Mai, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

The Original White Hart is right smack bang in the centre of Ringwood so getting most places in and around the town is pretty easy. Guest rooms are located both within the main pub building or outside in an annex, if you are inside you get a key for access out of hours. My room was inside the pub and a single room. It was very compact with little space if you have a large suitcase. Apart from that the bed was comfortable, the bathroom adequate and you were provided with tea/coffee and a flat-screen tv fitted with free-view channels. The whole place has free WiFi.
Breakfast is provided in a side room to the main bar areas and is pretty good with fruit, yoghurt, cereals and cooked food to chose from whilst meals for later in the day are pretty standard pub fayre. being a pub it has some good beers on tap.
The pub is a busy place so you need to bear that in mind if you are considering this place but overall I think it is a good place for the money.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

Absolutly lovely place to stay really nice room and very friendly bar staff I think the managers know what they are doing as the pub is being run very smooth

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Tezza90
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ringwood
Burley Manor
#11 of 11 in Brockenhurst
Moorhill House Hotel
Moorhill House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Burley

Been to original white hart? Share your experiences!