“The jewel in Ringwood's Crown”
Review of Al Trullo - CLOSED

Al Trullo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Ringwood, United Kingdom
“The jewel in Ringwood's Crown”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

A mixed family of four we booked our table for 7pm. On arrival we were shown to a table near the front . The friendly waitress brought us glasses of lemon water and some bread and dips with the Food and the Wine Menus. I and garlic bread, which I shared, wife Palma Ham and Melon, lovely. For the the mains, our two girls (German and Italian) had Pepperoni Pizzas, I had Mamamia (delicious) and my wife's Ravioli (also delicious). The service was attentive and helpful. The ambiance was warm and friendly and the restaurant had a buzz in the air. Everyone was enjoying the food and the company. Will definitely be returning with local friends and our future visitors. Cost was very reasonable.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Doogleboy

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Food But Service NOT so good”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We (myself, my wife and both of our boys) arrived at the restaurant early and there were a couple sat at the far end of the restaurant, opposite end of the entrance, seeing that there were plenty of space, we asked the waiter if we could sit near the window by the side of the entrance, only to be rejected. There were no reservation card on the table! After a while four more customers turned up and they were lead to that same table we were denied.

The food wasn't bad at all but the service i.e. the above approach isn't what you'd expect in a restaurant.

Christchurch
“Beautiful little restaurant”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Visited the restaurant last night with a friend. Although quiet to start, it got busier as the night went on. For a Tuesday, a nice atmosphere.
Staff were very attentive and friendly.
The food was excellent, both had calamari to start, which was perfectly cooked and came with a lovely dip. The waiter also brought some free bread and dips. I had saltinbocca and my friend had a calzone, both were brilliant, tasty and plentiful. We both had home made puddings which I recommend.
Price was reasonable, maybe just a couple of things slightly over priced.
All in all a lovely place which I would recommend!

1 Thank willowaz
Bournville UK
“A little gem”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Whilst staying with relatives in St Leonard's near Ringwood my wife and I decided to visit Al Trullo a small Italian restaurant in the market town. We have been here before some time back and really enjoyed our visit then. But, it's now changed hands now so we visited with some trepidation. We booked a table for two at 7pm and when we arrived there were already quite a few people seated.

We were welcomed and shown to our table. They delivered some small slices of bread with an olive oil and balsamic dip and a creamy garlic dip which we enjoyed. We also ordered some garlic bread with mozzarella cheese.

The menu is quite extensive with Pasta and Pizza dishes as well as fish and chicken. However, we decided to have the specials. We ordered Scallops to start. Two succulent Scallops in a white wine and mushroom sauce served in open shells with a small side salad. They were delicious, we could have eaten a dozen quite easily! For our main course we both had Monkfish cheeks which were wrapped in Pancetta and served with a sauce with capers and mushrooms. There were three decent size portions which were really lovely.

Regretfully we didn't have room for a sweet. We can certainly highly recommend this restaurant.. The food, service and the staff were exceptional.

Go back, you bet we will. Thank you Al Trullo.

1 Thank delboy16
worthing
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New Forest Italian Gem!”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Selected All Trullo on TripAdvisor before spending weekend in New Forest. Fragrances from kitchen made us very hopeful as we entered the restaurant, three quarters full on a cold Friday night. The young Italian owners greeted us with great warmth and introduced us to the specials from which my wife immediately chose mussels with great enthusiasm. An excellent bottle of wine (£16) was soon produced along with a delightful little sharing platter of bread, olives and dips. The mussels were magnificent chunky specimens and my mushroom dish was superbly flavoursome and could have filled up the faint hearted! For mains we had chosen veal saltimbocca, another gorgeous plate beautifully presented. By now my wife was feeling very full but couldn't resist the creme brulé, a beautiful confection while my chocolate cake was a treat for any man. A spilt glass of wine was most graciously replaced by our hosts shortly followed by coffees and chocolate which rounded off a perfect meal combining beautiful home cooking of fresh ingredients with enough sophistication and elegant presentation to make an occasion. Do not missed this restaurant when visiting the forest!

1 Thank Jim W