“... but now I love it!”
Review of The Fish Inn

The Fish Inn
Ranked #6 of 72 Restaurants in Ringwood
Price range: US$8 - US$33
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A stunning 16th century thatched inn, with the unique attraction of being Ringwood's only riverside pub. Offering home cooked menu and daily specials including fresh fish. Quality cask ales and fine wines. Traditional Sunday lunch. Dog friendly (in the bar area) A reduced menu served between 3 - 6 during the school holidays
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Yes, I know this place well, but have never eaten here. It was getting late so my friend & I decided to grab a substantial sandwich before heading home. I went for the excellent Chicken/BLT & said friend went for the fish finger sandwich. Friend went with white bread & I went with the brown. When they turned up, mine was on white & theirs on brown. The waitress quickly took both meals away & both fares came back on correct hues. The point? Both meals were freshly re-done which is a service one should expect but given how busy they were, surprised us both. Simply lovely to be treated this well & with dignity, respect & courtesy. The chips were to die for & if anyone says "English cuisine" is an oxymoron, tell them to visit this wonderful place. I have always liked this quintessentially English pub, but now I love it!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Have driven past this place so many times on my way to the coast as the Ringwood by-pass westbound runs next to it. Thought I'd check it out for an evening meal on my way back, even thought it meant having to drive through the town as I was travelling home eastbound. It was busy for a Wednesday evening but the service was prompt and the staff were friendly. The food was of a good standard in my view and portion sizes were generous.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Lamb and mint pie, mashed potato and veg. Pie was substantial. Good pastry and taste. Veg were cooked well. Not overdone. Potato a little dry and as a whole the dish needed gravy. Altogether not bad. Oh and if they bring UHT milk, as for a pot of normal. Lord alone knows why it comes with sealed packs of the vile French muck as standard.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Popped in while visiting the area and wished we hadn't bothered. The food wasn't great and the service even worse. The only good point was the garden with the river, which Im sure is popular during the summer.

2  Thank Elena K
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Found the pub by chance, good selection of real ales, Wadworths 6X a good choice although I like more of a head on the beer. Had the mixed grill off the specials menu and was not disappointed 10/10, so good I went back the following night and had it again! The only downside was the time it took to get served at the bar although they were very busy and had some new members of staff I'm guessing, otherwise very friendly