“Lovely B&B, emphasis on the 2nd B!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ringwood
Glen Avon Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 21 Ringwood B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely B&B, emphasis on the 2nd B!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This was such a lovely place to stay. You basically have your own apartment, with 2 single beds in the loft, and a downstairs very modern, spacious and lovely bathroom. You can come and go without disturbing the family, through the garage and your own locked entrance.

As we are a couple, the only negative was the two single beds rather than a double.

The breakfast Jo cooked for us was ABSOLUTELY amazing! The full works, all bespoke (I had fried eggs and mushrooms) - was so lovely. Great way to start the day. Also, Jo got in touch as she thought we left some personal items at theirs with an offer to post it back to us. Great service! Would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Jo S, Owner at Glen Avon Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Many thanks for your lovely comments. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. For future reference I can easily put the single beds together to form a double (see photo), just let me know. I hope to see you again sometime.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2013

The ingenious layout of Glen Avon gives you more than just a room and a bathroom: as others have described already, "the self-contained unit" is a large, spacious room with two sofas and incredibly comfy beds. Downstairs there is a beautifully furnished bathroom (with a great shower), but being still separate from the main part of the house means you a great sense of both space and privacy in this impeccably clean property. This functionality and cleanliness is complimented with thoughtful extras, such as the wide variety of DVDs with TV, board games, books etc and welcoming interior of the property. Added to this is the of friendliness and warmth from Jo & Jim, managing to achieve the fine balance of not getting in your way but being very warm and open. I didn't have breakfast but the visitor's book seemed very positive about it: I wish I had! Definitely would return, highly, highly recommended. Thank you.

Room Tip: Only one room that was of an excellent quality.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Highly recommend. Spotless, comfortable and really well presented. Splendid breakfast. Own entrance and layout in relation to the rest of the house gave the impression of a private suite rather than just a room. I doubt that the hotel inspector could have found any fault here.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank Rooneye1
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2012

We have stayed here a few times now as we have family in the area, the room is a self contained unit conversion above the garage. Which means it is very private and very quiet.

Spotlessly clean, warm and comfortable. We have a little boy( 6) and he found plenty to keep him occupied - DVD's Games, Toys, Books. The main room is upstairs ( stair gate available if needed)
and a lovely pristine shower/ toilet downstairs.

The entrance is separate from the main house which makes life easier when coming and going.

plenty of fresh fruit, biscuits tea, coffee and most importantly fresh milk ! We choose not to have breakfast so i cant comment on that, but many positive comments can be found in the visitors book. We even had a Christmas tree this time !

The owners are friendly and helpful, but respectful of your privacy also.

I cant praise this B&B enough - no doubt we will be back soon.

Room Tip: great for a family - close to the Forest but near to Ringwood itself.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle F
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I can't praise Glen Avon and their owners (Jo and Jim) enough. I was playing golf the next day and simply needed somewhere to put my head down for the night .... what I got surpassed all expectations! The accommodation is a self-contained suite big enough for a couple or even a small family. I was greeted by Jo and introduced to Jim (making Thunderbird floats in the garden for the upcoming Ringwoog carnival). They were chatty and friendly without being overbearing (which I have experienced in some bed and breakfasts). The main room was well appointed, including fresh fruit, tea/coffee facilities (with fresh milk) and a comfortable lounge area with 2 sofas and a TV & DVD player. My night's sleep was wonderful, helped by the quiet location, the blackout blinds and a really comfortable bed. The bathroom was clean with a great shower. The breakfast was something else .... fruit, cereal and fruit juice followed by a very full English breakfast then toast with a selection of jams (including lemon curd). Overall: fabulous, faultless and such good value. I'll be back if I'm ever in the area!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Eddie R
Airlie Beach, Australia
Reviewed 31 August 2012

My partner and I stayed here for five nights towards the end of June 2012 to attend a family wedding. We had been on a large tour and were quite honestly very tired. Jo and her husband(and the cute dog) were most welcoming and it was lovely to have a home away from home!! The room was tastefully decorated, with a comfortable large bed, and good area for resting, watching tv or entertaining. Cleaning was to an impeccable standard and our room was serviced very very well, even extra fruit etc
for us on the day we chose not have breakfast. Great to have a private entrance for when we returned home late. I quote my partner, "the breakfast was fit for a king", which I think is quite the compliment considering he is a chef. A heartfelt thank you to Jo and her husband for an excellent time. It's all the little things that you have thought of that made this an exceptional stay!
Thanks again

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 62Love2travel
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2011

A wonderful, friendly, family run B&B just outside Ringwood town centre (10 Minute walk). The accommodation is spotless and the facilities are superior to many of the hotels I have stayed in.

The room had plenty of fresh fruit and tea/coffee making facilities, with enough biscuits for 4 people and I was the ony one staying! The bed was extremely comfortable and the room and washroom were both spotless, and the full English breakfast was both plentiful and cooked to perfection. Nothing was too much trouble for Jo and her husband and all this for only £30 per night!

A smashing family and I wish them continued success in their foray into the B&B market; at this rate they will be fully booked all year round.

Many thanks,

John

Room Tip: If you staying anywhere near Ringwood, look no further than Glen Avon!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank JohnBailey3939
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ringwood
St. Leonards Hotel
#13 of 21 in Ringwood
Moortown Lodge B&B
Moortown Lodge B&B
#5 of 21 in Ringwood

Been to Glen Avon Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!