“Great at the start gone down hill.”

Framptons Cafe Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #28 of 72 Restaurants in Ringwood
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Ordered a prawn sandwich, which I'd had before on real granary bread, when it arrived I found it to be a lettuce sandwich with maybe half a dozen prawns bread just cheap brown cut bread now. Told waitress but no joy asked to see chef but he didn't both to come out to speak to me, waitress just said that's how we make our sandwiches with lots of salad????? Lettuce more like. Manageress hopeless, needs a better attitude to their customers. Didn't pay for sandwich and will advise friends too give it a miss.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

AT LAST!! A decent, modern Bar/Pub in Ringwood. Not pretentious or over priced. Food is GOOD Cocktails are GREAT. Atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. I will definitely be going back. THANKS

Reviewed 30 August 2012

A friend suggested we go there for lunch. On sitting down, many of the fittings from the former hardware store were still in place, and towards the back the new plumbing and wiring was still visible on the walls, but somehow, whether by fortune or design, it blends amazingly with the decor to give a thoroughly quirky but comfortable feel to the place.
The food was excellent in quality, delicious in its simplicity, and quite reasonably priced: I had ham egg and chips essentially, but the ham was a terrine of ham hock delicously flavoured and well balanced: My companion had a sandwich - but more the American style of sandwich than the slices of soggy bread and a bit of limp lettuce that is more common here. It was a meal in itself.

Service was friendly, pleasant and attentitive...

A good place to eat out, certainly for lunch, and I will be returning in the not too distant future to sample the evening menu.

Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

After reading other reviews I thought I would finally give this place a try.
Well I should just stick to what I know
Long wait for everything, some things just didn't come at all, over priced, poor service, bad food, all in all a poor exsperisnce, give it a wide berth!

1  Thank Liketohelp
Reviewed 21 August 2012

last time we went to framptons I gave it a pretty poor review- they didn't have a proper chef. However we just have had a delightfull meal there. The quality was high and not a dud meal amongst the four of us and at a reasonable price. (ceaser salad - one of the best I have tasted was about £9). Wine was not excesive in price but we had the cheapest and was perfectly quaffable, Its really good when something exceeds ones expectations. Great atmosphere, great staff.