“new Thai restaurant in town”
Review of Lemongrass Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Lemongrass Thai Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$38
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Ringwood, United Kingdom
“new Thai restaurant in town”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

This restaurant opened only a few weeks ago and the organisation is taking time to settle. Given another couple of weeks and I believe it will be sorted. The restaurant is on the first floor in Ringwood market place with limited car parking at the rear. A warm welcome was extended by the staff and the service was almost too good. There seemed to be five or six staff who attended us and all the other occupied tables and it would be better if a member of staff was designated to a set number of tables. The al la carte menu is varied with a number of set menus also available including one which is vegetarian.
The cost is reasonable and the atmosphere in the busy restaurant (Saturday evening) was relaxed and happy.
We will visit again in the near future because this restaurant deserves to be supported.

Ringwood, United Kingdom
“Excellent start to a budding new restaurant”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We had meal in this restaurant last night & were very impressed. The staff were all very helpful & attentive & are mastering the complicated menu choices from the extensive menu very well considering they are all new to the job here, the food was delicious & reasonably priced. We would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant & will be visiting again soon .

Ringwood, United Kingdom
“Didn't live up to the excitement!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

After being left devastated that our Thai restaurant in Ringwood had closed we were ecstatic to see that a new one had opened. We eat Thai food very regularly so know most of the dishes, their names and their flavours! The first shock was having to order the food by numbers...for example, I would say phad thai gai then the waitress would go through the menu to see which number it was! Which with five of us eating you can imagine was quite a while. I understand the restaurant is very new so having English waiters learning a whole thai menu would take a while! The waitress did state that the menu was large so it was harder to take an order although I wouldn't say it was larger than any other! The decor was okay but not to my taste...modern decor with a few random Buddhas dotted around to remind people it was a Thai restaurant and some very strange neon green trees that cheapened the atmosphere. Also there was a few pieces of masking tape left around the room from the painting of the place. The food was nice but we had three different curries that tasted exactly the same, all of coconut milk and not much else. The service was good apart from being lent over a few times with drinks although there was lots of space to walk around to the other side. I would return again but I still prefer a more authentic Thai experience. On a bright note for 5 of us to eat with a taste card giving a discount of £12.95 our meal only cost £95 and we had starters, wine and a few had puddings so very good value for money.

2 Thank maisie p
“New Opening”
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Went last week as soon as we heard there was a new Thai in Ringwood. At first we couldn't find it as the entrance is set behind the high street.
The decor is average but the food was really good. Very authentic and really tasty.
I had really wanted the Soft Shell Crab Salad but was told this is rarely in stock or available which is a shame.
My 2nd choice dish was great though.

Poole, United Kingdom
“So impressed with both food and service”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I visited Lemongrass Thai Restaurant last night - the food was amazing and the service exceptional - I have read some of the reviews and I think some people have been a little unfair - any newly opened restaurant will always experience a few teething problems within the first few weeks - I personally think they did an amazing job and for everyone that hasn't yet tried it - it's worth a visit for sure and for those people who have written a bad review - GIVE THEM A BREAK!!! It's great to see restaurants opening up and jobs being created, they've only been open a few weeks and I think they are really trying to please the local community - no ones perfect all the time - it will only improve with time - place looks amazing so people - GIVE IT A TRY!!!

1 Thank Vik18179