“Friendly and fun place to get fit”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ringwood Health and Leisure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 29 July 2014

An unpretentious place to reawaken your interest in health and fitness. A really relaxed and friendly environment. They call you if your classes are cancelled and there is a broad range to cater for all tastes. The gym is well equipped ( as far as I can tell) and no longer requires a key fob to access each piece

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is an ok leisure centre for sports and has good facilities however I wouldn't use it for anything else apart from sport facilities again.
My daughter had a birthday party here a while ago, a disco party which was an hour long with a tea party afterwards. When we booked it we thought it seemed a reasonable price and looked a good fun party, it was utter chaos and there was no effort put into it at all.
The actual disco was run by two members of staff who barely knew what they were doing and albeit some games were played much of the time the kids were left to run riot in the hall and beyond. It was lucky that several parents stayed otherwise there would have been children go missing as they had no concern of keeping the kids all in one place and they were running around the coridoors and constantly away from the main party hall.
During the disco I went to sort out the food for the tea afterwards as they dont provide food and was utterly shocked at the party room. The tables were covered in white drawing paper ripped at the sides and stuffed underneath with sellotape and basic white plastic cups were placed on the table and that was it. The room was bare, no atmousphere and the bars were wrapped in foam to stop kids banging into them.
The facilities in the kitchen were minimal and we had to rush out to get some colourful items to make the room look slightly more happier than it did. We were not allowed to stay in the room until the time stated and the staff started clearing bits away before the children had even finished eating their food which was disgusting.
When we placed complaints the management stated they were sorry but refused to give us a full refund and only gave us £20 back! Ironically they keep sending us information to go back for another party which is never going to happen. Its the worst place Ive ever been to a kids party and would never organise one there again, especially when there are wonderful venues in the area for kids.
On the flip side they should only focus on what they are actually there for, leisure and sports as they do that pretty well and the gym has some excellent facilities. So stick to what you know and stay with that!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

great place for activities very friendly staff good for swimming and gym good for keeping joints moving not so young now they have all the machines if you want to get really active good place all round.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Always leave with a feel good factor! Enthusiastic people leading great exercise classes. Must be good classes always full. Certainly puts a smile on my face.