“Superb, all the way”

Price range: US$10 - US$33
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Curry Garden Indian Restaurant and Takeaway in Ringwood Hampshire (near the New Forest on the border of Dorset,) a family run establishment specialising in award winning Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine, serving the town of Ringwood since 1979. We pride ourselves in our strict attention to details, from the highest standards of cleanliness throughout our restaurant and it's facilities, to our polite attentive staff and the highest quality of our finest Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine at a value second to none, only prepared with freshest produce locally sourced from trusted suppliers, several of whom have supplied us over the last thirty years. The restaurant has a fully licensed bar and air conditioning. Parking is available at the front or at the rear of the restaurant. There is also free parking facilities within 300 yards. Takeaway service with 10% discount is available. We are open seven days a week for lunch and dinner. Special events and offers are advertised frequently, including our 'Bollywood Nights' and Charity Fund Raising evenings. We pride ourselves in our customers' recommendations and feedback, ever eager that Curry Garden Restaurant remains one of the best and most popular Indian Restaurants in the New Forest region.
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Fantastic food, friendly staff - it is exactly what you would want from a curry house. Very impressed and would use again.

2  Thank Robert B

Reviewed 1 October 2011

The starters was cold. The main course took 2 hours after ordering to appear. The food was nothing special. The portions were tiny served in small bowls. My son was sick that night. He had eaten Tandoori Chicken. The waiters were very rude, awful service. Will never go back.

1  Thank sanchanninjawarrior
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Ringwood is my home town and when I go back to see my Brother we always go to the Curry Garden for a meal. The place is ideally situated in Ringwood and at night you are able to park directly behind the restaurant.

The place is very clean and well laid out and the people that run the establishment are very polite and helpful. Now to the food.

I find that whilst the food is well cooked and tasty there isn't enough! Now I am not a greedy person and love Indian food but this place seems to give meagre portions ever time. In addition, the presentation is lacking. . For example, my brother likes Bombay Chicken, in fact he loves this dish. However, there was only four small pieces of chicken and a boiled egg in this small serving dish. The serving of rice is in an even smaller dish. I decided to have Tandoori King Prawn. Now I expected this to come on the hotplate as it did with onions and I expected my plate to have a small amount of garnish/salad as we would have in our Birmingham restaurants. Wrong, yes it came on the steel skillet and yes it had a small amount of onions but this was delivered onto my now cold plate on it's own. So I had three Prawns on their own. These Prawns were delicious and certainly large but for £13.00 I did expect a little more for my money.

So, to sum up, the place is good, the food quality is excellent and the people are very nice. Presentation and quantity, poor.

Reviewed 23 June 2011

We only had a take away they left out chutneys for popadoms portions were small and all way over price will not go back

1  Thank Chick0
Reviewed 19 June 2011

We were struggling to find a restaurant in the area, having tried a couple of steak houses which were fully booked as it was a Saturday night. We spotted The Curry Garden, we were made very welcome, the food was very fresh, my 2 teenage boys cleared there plates of chicken tikka & madras!
A great place to eat, highly recommended.

4  Thank bobdowne