“Birthday Treat”

The Terrace Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Beaulieu
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Holding a Michelin Star for 5 years running, we believe in providing only exquisite dining and excellent service. We are not ones for passing fads, every ingredient has to deserve its place in our dishes. No gimmicks, Just great food.
“Birthday Treat”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was taken here by my girlfriend for my 35th Birthday. Was a lovely, sunny day and we very much enjoyed. We arrived a little early and had a drink in the garden. We had the 3 courses for (something like) 27.50. Very good service and great food. Hope to return sometime soon. Nice walk down to Bucklers Hard afterwards.

Oh and they brought out some small chocolates and desserts at the end as was my birthday - nice touch.

1 Thank aer197

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Outstanding food and service”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband and I ate here for a dinner on our honeymoon and we were not disappointed. When we booked they asked if we were here for a special occasion and as they knew it was our honeymoon they went above and beyond to create a perfect special experience for us, they showed us to a charming candlelit seat next to the beautiful terrace with 2 glasses of rose champagne. They then waited just a bit longer to show us to our table as they had been preparing the most romantic spot in the restaurant, in the corner overlooking the beautiful garden.
We decided to go for the 7 course tasting menu, and each course was absolutely incredible, so so tasty. I couldn't manage the last course because I was so full, but the rest of it was some of the best food I have ever tasted.

If we are ever back in the area we will definitely be back, hopefully for our first anniversary!

3 Thank GraceyL0u
London, United Kingdom
“Generally good but request a terrace table...”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Lovely on a sunny afternoon, ensure you pre-book a table facing the beautiful garden. The tables in the main restaurant are still ok, but the terrace view is far better.

Service is ok-good, slightly slow and difficult to understand some of the waiters.

We went for the Sunday lunch which was generally very good, both the pork & beef roasts were superb. The egg, leek & potato starter slightly strange, we didn't think the egg really worked.

Cheese board was again good but not outstanding. Overall this is a very good restaurant but not out-of-this-world in terms of innovation or execution.

2 Thank UK_Foodie_07
“Excellent all round experience”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have been coming to the terrace restaurant for a few years now and have also stayed in the hotel and I have to say this is one of the best of it's kind. The service is second to none. All the staff without exception are professional and courteous without being 'over the top'. They are a credit to the hotel.
The food is also worthy of the Michelin star, perhaps 2! I can honestly say that in the years that we have been coming here we have never had a duff meal, and I speak as someone who eats out on a fairly regular basis in many different places.
So there you have it - the perfect blend of great food and lovely staff. Go and try it for yourself, you will not be disappointed.

3 Thank Timothy S
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Poor value, food and service - pleasant manager”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We visited yesterday and decided to have the set lunch menu. The first course was very quick to arrive, and was fairly average in all honesty. It then took around 10 minutes after we finished the course for our plates to be cleared, despite waiters looking at the table and not taking initiative to do so. Our mains arrived and then were quickly taken back until someone had cleared the finished plates from the starter. My main (a pasta dish) was completely tasteless - and was of a standard lower than most highstreet chain Italian restaurants. I ate about half and then decided not to finish it as it really wasn't good. My other half had pork belly and left about a third of her's as it was essentially all fat with again little flavour - however she felt embarrassed to mention this on top of my comments. The waitress asked how the meal was on clearing plates and I advised it wasn't good. She seemed confused and a few minutes later the manager arrived. He apologised and was very helpful. We had a long talk and he explained that for a full 'Michelin Star' meal the set menu wouldn't deliver this as essentially due to location he had to cater for more every day fayre - this seemed logical, but not something we had expected, ie a two tier restaurant system within one restaurant. It has not been the case that the set menu has been of a lower quality in other restaurants we have visited. We were offered not to pay for our mains which we accepted, as essentially we hadn't eaten them. We decided to have desserts to give the restaurant another chance to impress - but sadly these were just as average - and after ordering one we were told it had run out and that they would have to make one with different fruits. Overall, without paying for our mains the meal came to £50, which is not expensive at all for a one star restaurant, but this was essentially for a starter and a desert that were of a lower standard than many chain restaurants at around less than half of this price. Pleasant and friendly manager who clearly wanted to make a good impression but appeared to be working with food options from the kitchen that simply didn't cut anywhere near the expectations one would have for this type of restaurant, set menu or not. Overall, even without paying for our mains we still left feeling really ripped off for the quality received - which we have never had with other comparable restaurants, please see my other reviews to see that I am not a general 'moaner!'

3 Thank ahedger