“Disappointed - to leave such a nice place!”
Review of The Beaulieu Hotel

The Beaulieu Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Beaulieu
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Disappointed - to leave such a nice place!”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Fantastic hotel and location!
Booked last minute for a couple of nights with our 2 dogs. Never taken them before so was a bit apprehensive. From the 1st moment arriving at the front desk we were put at ease, the reception was excellent. We were moved an annexe room as they were larger. The room was above the pub restaurant and very modern. We could not fault the service or the room. Dogs are welcome anywhere in the hotel except the main dining room. Trains do pass very frequently but not a problem for us.
All the staff at the hotel and the adjoining pub were very helpful and friendly. We cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank thetransporter10
newforesthotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Beaulieu Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent "last minute" stay at the Beaulieu Hotel! I am so pleased to read that you had an enjoyable time and were made to feel welcome with your dogs. I do hope you will all return for another visit soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
England
Reviewed 1 September 2012

My husband and I got married at the Beaulieu hotel on the 26th August this year and we were so impressed with the hotel and the service we received. The day went absolutely fantastic and the staff were really friendly and so incredibly helpful! I also noticed that it was the same people that were there for breakfast that were there the night before at the wedding! They worked so hard and made our day completely perfect. I know I can't have been the easiest of brides, I put post-its on everything so that they would know exactly where I wanted things to go and I had a very clear idea on everything that I wanted for the day, but they didn't disappoint me once. Jenny Withington in particular was fantastic throughout! We sent her so many emails leading up to the day and asked so many questions but she always replied soon and said that it wasn't a problem. The hotel itself is beautiful as well, we will definitely be returning. It's in a stunning location in the middle of the forest so when you wake up and look out of your window the beauty of the place just hits you. I really felt welcomed by the place! We stayed in one of the rooms above the pub and it was absolutely lovely so I would recommend you ask to stay there. Our room was quite modern and spacious, we really couldn't have asked for more. So pleased with the hotel and the staff, I could go on forever! :-)

Room Tip: I've read some reviews on the rooms and I can see people complaining about them, our room was ce...
2 Thank Helen2602
Thank you for your very kind review following your recent wedding held at the Beaulieu Hotel. I am delighted to read that the staff took such good care of you on your special day and that you enjoyed it so much! Perhaps you could return for your First Anniversary for another visit?! Thanks once again for your comments and review.
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We were very disappointed by our recent stay at The Beaulieu Hotel. We paid £229 for a double room over the recent Bank Holiday weekend for one night. Upon booking we were told that there was an event on in the hotel that night, they failed to mention that it was a wedding and that our room was directly above the band. Upon reaching the room, we found the carpet to be heavily stained, the phone didn't work, there was hair on our bed, the seal around the bath mouldy - it looked and felt more like a Travel Lodge. Due to the very noisy wedding, all dinner guests had to eat in the bar. We ordered an side portion of vegetables with our dinner which arrived with yellow broccoli - well past its use by date. When we asked for fresh vegetables, they simply bought the dish back minus the broccoli. Also, if you value your life, do not order a coffee from the machine. It came looking for more washing up water minus any froth. The staff, on the whole, were however helpful and did try their best. The breakfast people were great. It just seemed to us to be a chain of hotels left to be run by a group of young people on work experience. For your information, there is also a mainline railway yards from your hotel window which appeared to be surprisingly busy for its location. The most redeeming feature of this hotel is its location.

2 Thank Rubyglitter
newforesthotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Beaulieu Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Beaulieu Hotel. We appreciate guests comments as it enables us to monitor the service. I will ensure your comments are forwarded to the general manager for further investigation.
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I dont like to write bad reviews and maybe I should have said something whilst at the hotel, but I was not impressed with this hotel at all.

The location is superb but thats about were it ends. The bedding and towels were clean but the room was very dated, tired furniture, fixtures and fittings and bed was the most uncomfortable I have slept.

We ate at the pub next door in the eveing and the food was good. The breakfast at the hotel was ok.

My main problem is the cost and the staff. The cost was steep to say the least! I have stayed in better B&B's and paid a lot less, in my opinion it was very overpriced for what it is.

My partner wasnt well in the morning and didnt join me for breakfast. When I left the room, the cleaning staff were congregated outside our bedroom door (where the cleaning cupboard is). I couldnt open the bedroom door as the cupboard door opens onto it and they had to shut the cupboard door for me to leave the room. As I left the room I asked my partner, in earshot of the cleaning staff, if he was ok and said he may feel better after some sleep. I went to breakfast.

When I returned to the room some time later, the cleaning staff were still outside our room, one was sat on the floor leaning against our bedroom door, texting on her mobile and shouting down the corridor at her colleagues. I had to ask her to move so that I could get into the room! Apparently the whole time I had been in the dining room they had been outside the door shouting and chatting. I really dislike writting bad reviews but the lack of common courteousy and professionalism were shocking.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DJ_67sw
Thank you for taking the time to write this review following your recent stay at the Beaulieu Hotel. I am sorry you experienced problems with the housekeeping staff and I will ensure the hotel manager is notified so that further staff training can be implemented as required. Thank you once again for your comments.
Walton-on-Thames, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Hi, the plan was to get away, and booked a hotel in the middle of new forest which took dogs. On arrival we were told me were moved to an " annexxe room" due to a wedding taking plan & a disco for 150 people which would be noisy as the original room was above the disco!

The Annexe rooms are up some steep steps which was a problem with 2 small dogs which needs carrying up & down, and on arrival in the room, it was suddently apparent there was a train station right next door with fast trains hurtling past frequently.

Later on that evening there wasnt any hot water in either the bath or shower. Reception had no idea why as all wedding guests were doing speeches!

Room Tip: Dont go at busy wedding season as you will have an annexxe room next to railway!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review following your stay at the Beaulieu Hotel. We appreciate guests comments as it helps us to monitor the service and thank you for taking the time to share yours. I do hope you enjoyed your visit, despite the disturbance from the train.
lancing
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Absolutely great location between Lyndhurst and Beaulieu itself right in the wilds of the New Forest albeit mostly heath land rather than forest, the ponies come right up to the hotel. The hotel was good a bit pricey but to me it was worth it just for the location. Our room was fine, the breakfast was really good so too were the waiting staff. The only slight bad points were at night the squeaky floorboards and the noise from the doors banging shut from guests that don’t care about others woke us up a few times. All-in-all a nice relaxing break away from it all. There is a swiming pool but it was small, good point is you can bet that at some point in time it would be empty so you could have it all to yourself.

Room Tip: The main hotel building rooms would be quieter than the annex which overlooks the railway line.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write this review following your stay at the Beaulieu Hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your comments.
Herefordshire
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Attended a wedding and stayed overnight, our room was clean a good size and the bed was comfortable. The stairs to the upper floors are quite tight especially around the door turns.
Breakfast was plentiful with both cereal, fruit, yoghurt and various cooked options included.
The wedding was hosted very well and the function room was very good and the food was good considering they were catering for over 100 guests.
The staff were helpful and friendly, but some bar staff could have been more aware of people waiting to be served rather than emptying the dishwasher.
The location in the new forest was lovely as the ponies were wandering around opposite the hotel. Prices are similar to most mid range city hotels, so reasonable value for money.

Room Tip: If you have young children or are elderly I would book a room on the ground floor or 1st floor as th...
1 Thank Leintwardine
I am pleased to read your review following your recent stay at the Beaulieu Hotel and thank you for your comments!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaulieu
Montagu Arms Hotel
#3 of 11 in Brockenhurst
Cottage Lodge Hotel
Cottage Lodge Hotel
#1 of 11 in Brockenhurst

Been to The Beaulieu Hotel? Share your experiences!