“Value for money”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Beaulieu
Wisbech Saint Mary, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I booked this hotel as I was visiting the National Car Museum at Beaulieu. This hotel is only three miles down the road. I had no problems finding this places as next door to Drift Inn which is next to Beaulieu Road Station. There was plenty of parking. I was given a double room on the single rate obtained through late rooms £38 .This was room 6.It did have a strange smell in the bathroom. The room was clean and had an ensuite shower. There was plenty of biscuits milk and coffee and provided in room and also a ironing board and iron provided which is a nice touch for the business traveller .So often I have had to go go to reception to ask for one I had difficulty with getting wireless in both the hotel and the pub and my signal with Three was poor on mobile, but this was not an inconvenience as I was there for one night
I found the bed to be comfortable. There's a good size T.V.I checked out the pool and steam room. The pool is small and there is one changing room however, I had this to myself and the steam room worked well. The facilities were clean. I checked out their pub next door which if you wave the room key at them you get a 10% discount on food bill. They had three local ales on although one appeared to be off but they exchanged it with no difficulty. I had the main course fish cakes which is a small portion and is very much a light meal. I was encouraged into joining the quiz which is on a Thursday Night. I thought the pub had a friendly atmosphere. Check out was quick. All in all this hotel was convenient and good value for money. P.S. I didn't hear any noise from the trains but room

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank FalmouthLucy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Aldridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We spent a super weekend here in a beautiful family room. The facilities in the hotel were lovely, the staff were helpful and delightful with the three year old in our party. We enjoyed the breakfasts. The hotel is set in delightful countryside and was a good base for Peppa Pig world.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bob P
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This is not an expensive hotel and as such great value. The staff and food are great. I always stay here as its a nice change from the chains. Rooms are a bit basic but I LOVE the food and location. Make sure you have a look at a map if arriving in the evening as it can be tricky the first time.

Room Tip: Get one on first floor to avoid navigating narrow stairs with bags.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

After spending lots of time researching a hotel in or near the new forest for a birthday break, I came across The Beaulieu Hotel which after reading a few reviews and also looking at their galley on their website, thought this was a lovely hotel in the area I wanted and would be a nice luxury break (as they made themselves out to be), so I booked an executive room for 4 nights with £25 a head towards evening meal so the total cost was £558. The trip didn't start well as we didn't get there until late evening which wasn't the best way to approach a hotel in the middle of the New Forest which wasn't particularly well lit, lets just say missed the entrance then had to use mobile phone to see to the reception entrance wasn't the best first impression. Room well that was suppose to be executive but not sure what executive means in their eyes, bed was so soft you sank into it and ended up with feet higher than your head while sleeping and everytime you moved you would wake the other person up. I know the hotel was pet friendly but I didn't expect to have a dog barking in a room two doors down all night when it's owners where not there plus to have the train line so close and trains every 30 minutes didn't go well for a peaceful nights sleep (is quiter in my own home than there definitely not a place to take a break from noise!!!!) Next came the food, lets just say you won't get alot for the £25 per head as by day 4 we ended up at a restuarant as I didn't want the awful food to celebrate my birthday with. It would be nice if you could pick a meal that didn't result in you paying more than the allocation as you can't mix and match if there is something you don't like on the set menu and if you are staying for more than two days the meal seems to be almost the same on the set menu just with a different sauce on the main. This is definitely where they add to the already expensive bill. I have stayed in far less quality hotels and enjoyed then far more than this. I would never recommend this to anyone unless they wanted somewhere not to have a break!!!! Definitely wouldn't use their gallery of the hotel to also base your stay on as not sure (ther than the bar) where these pictures where taken as couldn't find anything to match.

Room Tip: Don't have any room as don't think any are quiet
4 Thank Tracey G
newforesthotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Beaulieu Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
I am sorry to read of your disappointment experienced during your stay with us. There should be a couple of dishes from each course that will enable guests who do not want to go over their allocation and that we will be reviewing the format of the menu in the new year to allow more flexibility for guests dining on a dinner bed and breakfast rate. Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

A poor waitress was serving on reception... on the bar.... and taking food orders and serving food... Though we got put off by the complaints of the food so we went to the drift pub and it was AMAZING!! You would think it was pricey... but once you taste the food..... brilliant!!

As for our room...
GORGEOUS! Clean....fresh....massive bed
... lovely bathroom.... perfect!
Went to pull out the baby cot for a laugh (pissed ) and there was baby poo in the bottom!! yuk!!!!!!! Would be disgraced if we had children stay!!

That is all!

Ps havent had breakfast yet... its our first night!

• Stayed November 2013
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This lovely hotel is set in the perfect place for exploring the new forest and surrounding countryside, the staff extremely friendly, lovely comfortable rooms and the breakfast had a really nice selection and was well cooked and presented. The floorboards were a bit noisy but then again it is an old hotel and we all squeak when we get old. The only downside was the restaurant which we found to be expensive and small portions, however the pub next door excellent food and value.
The free wi-fi did not work anywhere not even in reception maybe due to isolated location and amount of trees but apart from that fabulous stay, we would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: We stayed in room 12 on first floor very comfortable and spotlessly clean and not so noisy with floo...
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Had a lovely 2 night break courtesy of a Red letter day voucher.
Staff were very friendly - Sophie (reception) was lovely to us - even when our dog jumped up and knocked over tea things. we were made most welcome.
Nice bedroom in the annexe - only spoiled a bit by neighbours who left their dog to cry all evening and then rowed when they returned, complete with plenty of slamming doors - but not the hotels fault.
very clean, well maintained. good, comfortable be d with nice wash accessories and good tea/coffee facilities in the room.
Next to the hotel (and owned by them) is the Drift Inn where dogs are allowed. Nice bistro type food. My husband had a fabulous steak. My dried up chilli was sent back untouched - strange to find such a diversity in quality from the same kitchen but staff managed it very nicely.
Very well run hotel - good breakfast and lovely staff - highly recommended.

1 Thank mandabedford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaulieu
Forest Lodge Hotel
Balmer Lawn
Balmer Lawn
#3 of 11 in Brockenhurst
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,568 reviews

Been to The Beaulieu Hotel? Share your experiences!