All reviews drift inn the pub pub next door new forest lovely hotel red letter day railway line steam room the main hotel swimming pool beautiful location motor museum the general manager peppa pig world short drive powerful shower wedding reception
Reviewed 27 August 2015

There are mixed reviews for this hotel and since staying there I can see why.

Good points:
Location - absolutely beautiful in the heart of the forest
Cleanliness - Bedrooms, bathrooms and pool all absolutely spotless. Bedlinen lovely and fresh.
Food - Evening meals absolutely delicious
Cost - Very reasonable DB&B inclusive package

Bad Points:
Restaurant service - SLOOOOW! Staff very disorganised. I observed waiters asking diners whether they were ready to order a good 15 mins after they had already ordered and also forgetting to put orders taken through to the kitchen (this happened to us). 3 course dinner takes at least 2 - 3 hours and I overheard 1 guest complain that his meal took over 3 and a half hours. Such a shame as the food is excellent. The duty manager appears to double up as a waiter when he would be better occupied organising the team to work efficiently.
Nearby trainline - A busy high speed line, with trains passing day and night runs close to the hotel. There was no mention of this on the hotel website and I was only aware from other Tripadvisor reviews. It didn't bother us too much but others obviously feel differently.
Weddings - there was a wedding at the hotel whilst we were staying and the music was loud up until midnight. We were made aware of this before we booked however so were not too annoyed but anyone wanting an early night or with children would find it a problem.
On the whole for us it was a pleasant and enjoyable stay and we would return

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank C T
PJB52, General Manager at Beaulieu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2015

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am glad that your food was delicious but I take your issues with the service seriously and have raised them with my management team. When we are hosting functions we do try to make other guests aware of possible late music and ensure they are not disturbed but, as you can appreciate, that isn’t always possible.

I am pleased to read that your stay was enjoyable and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 August 2015

On one side of the room only a few meters away is the busy railway line, on the other side the noisy beer garden.
we were shown to a very dirty table for pre dinner drinks. I asked for a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, and to see the wine list. Without choosing a bottle of Sauv blanc was was placed on the dirty table then for some obscure reason we were given the wine list!!
At the table the waiter dropped the bread roll, he was then told by the (assumed) manageress he should serve it with a fork not a spoon.
When the gentleman vacated an adjacent table the staff removed the plate and used cutlery but did not remove the unused cutlery but relaid it for the next occupant.

When adjusting cutlery at another table the (assumed) manageress laid her hands completely over the cutlery to rearrange it, then put her fingers inside the wine glasses to place them

on departing the restaurant it was observed the lounge table was still dirty and covered in crumbs

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kenneth A
PJB52, General Manager at Beaulieu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2015

I’m really disappointed to hear about your experience in our restaurant and will be passing this feedback to the team to make sure it doesn’t happen again. I hope by looking at our other reviews you will see that it is not a regular occurrence. Please accept my apologies and if you’d like to discuss this further, please call me on 02380 293344. Kind regards Peter

Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night and it was lovely. Quiet, peaceful, perfect location. Great base to explore the new forest. Rooms were spotlessly clean. I had the best nights sleep for a long time!! Highly recommended & would stay again

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jo D

Thank you for leaving such a positive review. We pride ourselves on our stunning location and high standards, so I’m glad you recognised these. I hope you’ll come back again for another stay with us

Reviewed 20 August 2015

A very peaceful and comfortable stay in beautiful surroundings located in open countryside. The rooms are well equipped with AC, tea and coffee, Wifi and the restaurant serves excellent food at reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Forest view
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Thanks for your lovely review. I’m glad you could experience the beautiful surroundings of Beaulieu Hotel and enjoyed your time with us. I hope you will stay with us again.
Peter

Reviewed 19 August 2015

We only stayed for a weekend, but our stay was wonderful. We loved the location. Our room was lovely, so clean and spacious, everything we needed. Really comfy bed. The kettle with tea, coffee and biccies was a nice touch (my husband can't go more than an hour without a cuppa :-) The staff were all very friendly, the restaurant staff were polite and hard working. The food was so good and lovely that it is locally sourced. We enjoyed are stay very much, including our dog. We would definitely come again, hopefully for a longer stay next time

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple

I’m really pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for your kind words about the food and service. I do hope you will visit us again in the near future – we will have a supply of tea and biscuits ready for you!
Best wishes