All reviews drift inn the pub pub next door new forest lovely hotel red letter day railway line steam room the main hotel swimming pool paultons park beautiful location motor museum the general manager short drive wedding party wedding reception
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Smallest room ever no room to swing a very small cat, shower didn’t work properly, the advertised free Wi-fi is non existent in room 6 so stay out if they put you there. (But don’t worry, receptionist suggested I connect my iPad at the front desk and see if the wi-fi “followed” me up to the room - I kid you not!
Kitchen extractor fan which ran under our bedroom floor left on all night (Only turned it off when we requested the following night, and that was under protest too!) It had however drowned out the refrigeration unit from the bar next door which was conveniently situated right below our window, unfortunately that was not turned off at night!
We were lucky enough to hear the last people leave the pub every night and only woken by the bin lorry once at 5.30am
Oh yes and the window which had a car park flood light sited directly above it, along with the absence of curtains meant that the ill-fitting blind in conjunction with the light pouring through the door from the corridor lights left the room in virtual daylight all night long!
Staff totally uninterested in any issues, loved the saying “there’s nothing we can do about that” really tired of hearing them say that whilst still smiling at you!
Shame the service and hotel doesn’t match the location! Sacrifice the location for a peaceful night sleep and stay elsewhere!

Room tip: Stay away from the rooms over-looking the pub!
3  Thank Joanne P
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Super family and dog friendly.
Nice little indoor pool, pub with garden right next door, perfect location for walks and very short drive to other restaurants and activities.
Had a room above the pub that could have been a bit more modern but it was comfortable enough.

Room tip: Rooms above the pub have quite a few steep stairs. Noise from the pub isn't a problem.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
terry c, General Manager at Beaulieu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

HI 535courtney,

I am pleased you enjoyed your visit.

We hope to see you again soon.

Many thanks

Terry

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Can’t fault this hotel. Friendly people, fantastic scenery, the pub next door is also lush, everything is within easy reach and the cycling has been wonderful.
Generally no concerns and would
100% come back x

HI Nicola,

Thank you for a fantastic review.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Take care

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Superb hotel, I thoroughly recommend this hotel for a short stay while traveling around the new forest, wonderful scenery, the hotel staff are friendly the place is very clean. All in all a fantastic place to be!

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I stayed here, two nights for a wedding that was in the New Forest. The room was comfortable with a great bed, my room had exceptional lighting, the bathroom was great with fantastic water pressure in the shower, a must for me. It is not a luxury hotel,so with that in mind, it served my purpose very comfortably. The staff was nice. Their in-house restaurant was not in working order so we had to eat the that restaurant next which I believe in some way is connected to the hotel. The service there, was a joke. The worst I ever experienced. They messed up our bills, they did not bring food on time,. too much to go into, it just was not properly managed. That was the most disjointing part of staying at this hotel.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

HI Italy61,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit. Our sincere apologies about the confusion with the service next door. We are working hard with the new team with training and we are seeing the rewards already!

We hope to see you back again soon.

Many thanks