All reviews drift inn the pub pub next door new forest lovely hotel red letter day railway line the main hotel swimming pool paultons park beautiful location motor museum short drive the general manager wedding party powerful shower wedding reception
Reviewed 26 June 2018

The hotel feels like it's in the middle of nowhere as it sits in the New Forest parkland, but not that far from Lyndhurst. We stayed here only one night for a wedding reception, but had a really enjoyable experience. The room was really comfortable and clean and there was nothing to fault. I can't comment on the food as we we didn't eat at the Drift Inn. We'll certainly go back one day for a longer stay!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in a idyllic setting. my room was spacious and ideal for myself and my children. we received a warm welcome upon arrival.
there was a wedding in progress but disruption was minimal. the drift inn is a nice pub and has a garden with small play frame for children. the weather was kind and we were able to enjoy a cold drink in the garden whilst the children played. they had a musician which added to the atmosphere. unfortunately we did not see any ponies close to the hotel, but I am told they come very close to the hotel front to graze. the room was clean and functional. a small issue with the plugs was resolved quickly.
although it was hot, the room was comfortable to sleep in.
the breakfast was decent enough although portion sizes maybe a little stingy & the bacon not cooked very well ( overdone) the service was ok but a little slow @ breakfast.
checkout was simple BUT I was a little dissapointed in some aspects of this which I have addressed via the questionnaire on the website.

Some of my party used the pool. small. but clean. and functional.

the setting is what really makes this place special.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Just come back from a three day stay and got to say we had a fantastic time. Lovely comfortable room, beautiful surroundings, good food and helpful staff. A perfect place for my wife and I and our small dog feeling relaxed and rested throughout. Surrounded by the beautiful new forest we will return.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
terry c, General Manager at Beaulieu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thank you for your kind words.

We are fortunate to be in such a fantastic location with ample walks for our four-legged friends.

Kind Regards

Terry

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Stayed in room 38 and apart from the odd Train going past which wasn't very loud i have no complaints at all. The room was well equipped and very comfortable. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and the food and drink was very good. The Hotel location would be hard to beat, very peaceful and close to a lot of attractions. Overall i would definitely use this Hotel again and would recommend it to others.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for a pleasant review.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit.

Kind Regards

Terry

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Right in the middle of the New Forest parkland, with a pony corral just a short distance away and the Drift Inn just next door for food, this is one excellent location. The Hotel is spotless and the staff helpful. Being in the middle of parkland, I heard nothing at all during the night and had a good nights sleep. Nice large room, with a good bathroom and modern shower. 10 of us ate in the Drift Inn next door and many commented on the excellent local produce. Breakfast was the same, lots to choose from and decent sized plates and bowls to eat from. I couldn't fault this hotel at all and I only wish I was closer to be able to use it more often. Very reasonably priced for the area.